Leidos

There are newer employer reviews for Leidos

No severn pay: 1yr,15yrs,30yrs w company.. Only get 4wks OH to hunt for job

Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Leidos full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Able to move around to different jobs to acquire new skillset

Cons

Healthcare benefit getting more expensive. Overall company benefits are going downhill.

232 Other Employee Reviews for Leidos (View Most Recent)

Worried About Having Work and Direction of Company

I have been working at Leidos (more than 10 years)

Pros

Depending on who you suppoprt and work for: flexible work schedule and some telecommuting opportunities, good pay, not micro managed, good fellow employees who care about the product and services we provide to our customers. If looking for a job, these are the reasons I am recommending this company.

Cons

Have not been able to get any type of training to expand capabilities or to be able to move into a different field within the company in well over 5 years - so this is a job not a career. No communication from our Division mgmt since the split - maybe because we are a satellite office (still no excuse). My manager doesn't communicate anything that's going on with our clients and what fellow teammates are working on (no drive to help each other/expand work for the team/offer new things to clients, etc.) - the good thing is we are not micro-managed. The company is discouraging long-term, dedicated employees from remaining by not allowing us to earn any comp leave once we reach our cap level (we lose it by not even earning it) - must use the leave throughout the pay period to retain earning capability. By not getting training, it's very difficult to move to a different position when your contract work is low or is done. The company direction seems to be lost. There was a lost of pride in the company when we were employee owned - now, not so much - especially with the new name that was selected for us. It seems like the company is on a slippery slope and hopefully, it will find a way to get some sure footing to make ourselves relevant to customers and to bring pride and satisfaction back to employees.

Take a look at the top 100 companies that are ranked as good to work for and see what gets them there and what makes them successful then apply those things to Leidos. Make cuts to your own crew that are not actually working the contracts and earning money for the company instead of to the boots on the ground people.

I won't recommend this job to my friends

Former Employee - Research Associate II in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Research Associate II in Frederick, MD

I worked at Leidos full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really can't think of any good reason to work there.

Cons

You can't take any vacation time off during the first 6 months of employment. That being said, you are the only one who is still working during holidays if it happens to be within that so-called 6 month introductory phase.
    There is no career development there. The only way to get promotion is to find another job. The work they do is, to put it kindly, useless.

There are newer employer reviews for Leidos