Leidos

www.leidos.com
  www.leidos.com
There are newer employer reviews for Leidos

Contract model; difficult during govt austerity

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Leidos full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible time schedule, research related project environments great for work life balance. contract managers are fairly open about reality of the contract situation.

Cons

Pay is dependent on govt. pay scale, not much room to grow, no incentives.
Very bad medical benefits, 401k match reduced recently

213 Other Employee Reviews for Leidos (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Leidos

Pros

They pay well and that is the ONLY reason people stay.

Cons

Company is not fair to its employees, terminate and lay people off to to protect high paid management. People are given promotions if they are willing to sell people out, kiss up to management and not have a mind of their own. I have worked here 5 years and the Tucson office is deteriorating. They just posted 20+ new jobs. The manager of this department does not know enough to assist new employees. You will be stuck in a cube with little to no training.

Admit that some of your recent decisions have been unfair and wrong. Show people they can trust management again. Currently there is no trust.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Integration Technician in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Integration Technician in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Leidos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

some really great people down in the trenches and even a few good sr. management folks.

Cons

incredibly poor and disconnected CEO, Board, and COO. They are full of grandiose words but have no idea what a true leader is all about.

get out of your offices and meet with us for lunch once in a while instead of eating at Morton's or Passion Fish and then openly bragging about it to the Washington Business Journal. Is re-doing your new office space in Reston really worth the thousands of people you laid off this year? I can't tell you who my division manager is and I'm pretty sure he/she doesn't know me either.

There are newer employer reviews for Leidos