Leidos

www.leidos.com

Software engineer

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Fort Eustis, VA
Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Eustis, VA

Pros

Learning opportunities are great, people are constantly doing new things. Best part was not being overwhelmed when joining the company. Experience was pleasant, and got to work in different parts of the company.

Cons

nothing but good things to say. Apparently this needs a twenty word minimum lol. So here it is :).

Other reviews for Leidos

Unappreciative

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in El Paso, TX

Pros

The only pro is you having a job.

Cons

No pay increases, bonuses, recognition, or rewards for lower level staff. However upper management is excluded. They do receive there annual pay increase as well as bonuses.

I had the opportunity to share advise on employee recognition, pay, and rewards. Also the importance of company loyalty and appreciation to its lower level staff. At the end of the day it all falls on deaf years. The excuse is they have no money. However the top executives managed to give themselves a 57% pay increase for fiscal year 2014 totaling $23,501,072. Go figure.

No longer a worthy company to work

Pros

It's a job I suppose. Since SAIC split into two companies, Leidos has not been the same company. Anything that was good about SAIC is no longer a certainty with Leidos as senior management continually reduces benefits and bonuses. By their actions, employees are not valued. That isn't a good thing for a consulting company that only has what its employees can do to sell to a client.

Cons

Where do I begin? Trying to stay factual and non-emotional, this company has unilaterally reduced PTO accrual, health care benefits, capped pay raises, slashed or eliminated bonus pools, cut a large number of employees to raise capital while at the same time, paying lavishly to sponsor the corporate area's professional soccer team and thrown employee and family events there when the vast majority of the company's employees can't benefit from that perk. Seriously, morale has plummeted. many very high-quality performers are looking to jump ship when they can find a safe landing place. Al that will be left is low paid, mediocre performers.

Stop focusing so much on your shareholders and wall street and focus on what built our legacy company, SAIC. It was an employee-owned, employee centric company where the employees were proud of their work, proud of their company, and knew their company had their back. Many I talk to feel that you view us as an asset to use and discard as you please. People only hear that you want us to do more with less (really read your corporate wide emails and see if that isn't how they can be interpreted in light of all of the cuts you've imposed upon our benefits since the split). You have lost the values you must have has as a General in the Air Force. I know the military teaches its young officers that your prime responsibility is to take care of your people...who in turn, will take care of the mission. You simply aren't taking care of your people...and guess what, they are no longer viewing Leidos or you, as a desirable place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Leidos.

Worked for Leidos? Contribute to the Community!