Lender Processing Services

www.lpsvcs.com
  www.lpsvcs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lender Processing Services

It was a good entry-level job for recent college graduates.

Former Employee - Associate in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
Former Employee - Associate in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Regular schedule with comparable pay, bonuses, paid vacation and sick time, and a retirement plan with company-matched contributions. Also, this is an excellent job for someone who wishes to keep their work and personal lives separate.

Cons

Entry-level position is learned easily without much emphasis placed on employee development. My experience was that departmental management was rather top-heavy with a great deal of redundancy in managerial tasks.

More resources should be focused on training new hires. Additionally, I do not feel as though input from loan-level employees is valued or evaluated when making decisions regarding software changes and updates.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Lender Processing Services (View Most Recent)

This Experience was horrible!!!!!!!! (Default Solutions)

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pros are the benefits

Cons

I was hired even though the manager(VP in Default Solutions) knew that I did not have experience in the mortgage industry.I guess he liked my personality at the time. I was led to believe that it was going to be a great learning experience, and that they would help me get familiar with the industry. That was not the case at all. I was hired as an admin, which may not seem complicated, but there was absoltely no support, or encouraging involved in anything. I received no positive feedback for anything I did. My first day I was told not to be afraid to ask questions, and to ask them as often as I would like, and then a few weeks later when I would, the attitude was that I need to figure things out for myself. Expense reports were not something that I ever had to do before. I was shown how to do it, but really recieved no thorough training on that or anything else. It was a disapointment. Not only that, but the VP of "Financial Planning and Analysis" was so hard to work for. He was not approachable in the slightest. I really feel like I did the very best I could despite the fact that I was not given the tools that I needed to perform successfully. The environment was really stressful, and caused me to have full blown anxiety attacks. I wish I could erase the experience from my mind. I was making $17.30 or so an hour, but don't care about that now. I would rather go back to making $10.00 an hour (and I have a degree) and struggle to pay back my loans than to ever work for a place like this again.

Be more supportive to employees new to the industry. Give feedback. Encourage people.

This company promotes and runs off of the "Buddy system".

Former Employee - Default in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Default in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Location, onsite cafeteria and onsite credit union

Cons

Upper management promoted on who they know and not what they know. Pay not competitive in todays market

Learn your job before you try to manage those under you.

There are newer employer reviews for Lender Processing Services