Collections at LSI

Current Employee - Debt Management Specialist in Elgin, IL
Current Employee - Debt Management Specialist in Elgin, IL

I have been working at Lending Solutions

Pros

Pay is decent, easy to get bonus if the manager's like you.

Cons

There is a rumor where you can only work here for 3 years and then they fire you, so far it has been true. They just made it harder to get bonus, probably because they can't afford to pay it to anyone anymore. Pay raises are minimal. Managers are on high horses. No professional growth at all.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees, lots of good people have left to find other jobs. Maybe you guys should care a little more.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Logical and Truthful > Emotional Review

Current Employee - UNIVERSAL AGENT Loans/Financial Services in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - UNIVERSAL AGENT Loans/Financial Services in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Lending Solutions

Pros

I currently work at lending solutions and after seeing the last review I felt I need to respond. This company does not treat their employees poorly, they actually care and you see that through great compensation, incentives and benefits for full and part time employees. The CEO and VP know all 500+ employees by name and personally care for everyone. LSI offers 30 or 60 minute lunches to their employees, it's your choice, and they do not force you to skip your lunch, that was just a lie. They will allow you to skip your lunch if they are busy but will never force someone to. I personally like that option (although it does not come up often) as it is 30 to 60 minutes of overtime pay. The company is extremely supportive and I have never seen favoritism, only a close relationship with management who only wants you to succeed. They are just coworkers they are family! The training is thorough and groundbreaking, preparing you for the work. The management is supportive and developmental. Upper admin is nothing but supportive and understanding. Don't listen to the disgruntled employees who clearly made critical errors that have a clear persecution complex. The exaggeration and flat out lies listed in the last review make me sad that someone would defame such a pioneer company that truly cares. You try finding a company that buys pizza for every single person when it's busier than normal, or a company where the CEO and VP are personally making you an ice cream sundae in the heat of summer and scrapping off your windshield and buying you dinner and a hotel room in the frigid winter... You won't find that on a normal job hunt, but you'll experience that at LSI. I'm not in management, i'm in the trenches working with my coworkers, feeling recognized, appreciated, supported and accommodated more than I have anywhere else.

Cons

Spent 5 minutes thinking and I've got nothing yet.

Advice to Management

Don't let the reviews get to you, you're all loved by your employees. We understand that what gets rewarded gets repeated and we appreciate the rewards so we'll keep up the hard work, just keep the free meals, appreciation, gift cards, events, and bonuses coming.

The most honest review you

I worked at Lending Solutions full-time

Pros

Decent pay (when you actually earn incentives) and I loved my coworkers

Cons

While working for Lending Solutions (5yrs) I was in Financial Services, Loans, and the Underwriting dept. With in my first week of starting LSI I knew it wasn't for me. Out of a training class of 12, 6 of us made it out of training and through the first year. Managers do have a tendency to single out people "they don't like" and will berate them and pick on them until they either gather enough write ups to finally fire the person, or they drive them to quit. This treatment is consistent with all managers in all departments (except mtgs). Because of said treatment each department is constantly losing employees and will try to poach employees from other departments to join them. They will flat out lie to your face and tell you if you join their department you will only be on night hours (typically 11am-7pm or 1pm-10pm) for only a year and then they'll give you regular hours (8-4). You will agree to this because each time you start a new department you will have night hours anyways and hey at least now there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Wrong! I waited 2 1/2 yrs after switching to the underwriting dept for regular hours. I asked more times then I can count and each time there was a new excuse. Mean while I watched the managers favorites who had been in the dept less time then me get whatever hours they asked for. The other ploy managers will use to entice you join their dept is they will tell you you'll make way more money. Well this may have been true if they didn't change the incentive program every other month. The incentive program is based on how many "units" you earn. The amount of work you need to do to receive units changes constantly. Upper management is constantly changing the program to favor the company rather than it's employees. Another tactic they use is if you receive a write up it will disqualify you from receiving incentives for that month. Managers will find a reason to write you up and hold on to it for months. When you have a particularly productive month they will all of a sudden bring up the reason, something you didn't even know you were doing, and write you up that month, 4 months after the fact, so you will be disqualified from your incentives. This situation has happened to almost every single co worker of mine and they have lost up to 2k in a month due to this. I also want to mention the over all working environment which is highly negative to say the least. 1. Managers provide inconsistent feedback and you will literally be chewed out and written up for doing exactly what you were told by another manger to do. When you contest this write up it will take a minimum of a month and you constantly bringing it up to get it off your work record. 2. Employees have literally been written up for using the restroom. Many employees work 10 hr shifts in which you are allowed 2 15min breaks and a 1/2 hr lunch. If the department is busy at the time you are scheduled for lunch, you are almost always guilt tripped into skipping it. This means if God forbid you needed to pee out side of your two 15 min breaks, you're getting written up. This was changed since an employee called Osha, now you are just deducted from your pay each time you go and I wish that was a joke. 3. Every employee in every department is constantly complaining around you and to you. 4. FYI about Financial Services- every single caller is mad! All of them! Out of 10 calls 8 are highly irate, the other 2 are old people you'll spend a 1/2 hour teaching how to log in to online banking.

Advice to Management

Well for one, stop writing fake reviews. No one who ever worked there rated it a 5! Two, wake up to the reason you need to hire temp employees and everyone quits and actually do something about it. Don't just hold a meeting and tell us you're going to change. Actually freaking change. Three, no one cares about being employee owned, we want to actually make some money and get decent raises from the company we work for!