LendingClub
www.lendingclub.com San Francisco, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Chance to be a part of something special

Marketing (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LendingClub full-time for more than a year

ProsMany companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the select few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. While every company talks about scale, we really (have to) mean it, which leads to an intriguing focus on how do we keep more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.

Overall, company is stocked with really great people working towards a common goal. Surprisingly good work/life balance and plenty of opportunities to make friends.

ConsWith rapid growth can come rapid change, which can be turbulent. Your role and expectations can be radically different every six months - the bar keeps getting higher - but that generally leads to bigger and better opportunities for those who are willing to step up and do more. If you're looking for a job where you punch in, make your widgets and then punch out, this is not the place for you you.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay nimble and stay focused. As the company (again) doubles its staff, management gets exponentially more challenging. Keep finding and rewarding good people; get the under-performers out faster. Invest more in crafting a positive and and exceptional culture that matches our success.

Interesting Workplace

Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at LendingClub full-time for less than a year

Pros: It's a tad different than a "bank". There aren't impossible expectations here. Even better, it's easy to make friends here. The happy hours are fun… Cons: Sometimes things aren't too clear, but that comes with any start-up. There are growing… Advice to Senior Management: Be synergistic with your goals and your values. Try to find medians between the old and the new. It's not just about maintaining happy hours--… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome Place to try ideas

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LendingClub full-time for less than a year

Pros: Visionary leadership, really smart executive team, and a willingness to try new ideas makes this an awesome place to work. The culture is fun and… Cons: This is a great place to work, having a hard time coming up with anything negative… Advice to Senior Management: Keep small company culture as you continue to grow. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on LendingClub.

Worked for LendingClub? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LendingClub reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LendingClub CEO Renaud Laplanche. All reviews posted anonymously by LendingClub employees.