LendingTree

www.tree.com

Toxic Environment

(Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThere are no pros to working at Tree.com/LendingTree. If you are reading this and you are considering applying for a position here, I would highly recommend that you seek employment elsewhere. You will be miserable in this working environment. I am currently looking at other employment options and I know for a fact that several other employees are looking around at other companies as well.

ConsThe management at Tree.com/LendingTree has no control over costs and they have no clear direction. They are trying to get back to their "startup" roots. This is code for " being cheap". Salaries are below industry average unless you are a top executive. The only way they can lure top executives to Tree is to pay them alot of money. There is high turnover at the entry, middle and executive levels. The CEO is also the Chairman. This is a huge conflict of interest, in my opinion. The CEO claims to have an open-door policy. He tries to act like a cool "startup" CEO by working out of a cubicle. The irony is that he never, EVER walks around and talks to employees and he is not a very approachable person.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so arrogant and stubborn. Start being honest with your employees and stop screwing them when it comes to their pay. Also, don't talk bad/insult former employees when they leave the company. This is terrible for morale.

AWESOME Company

Account Executive (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree

Pros: Casual work environment Open door policy Encouraged to share ideas - not… Cons: Mortgage industry has been down, but things are looking up Advice to Senior Management: Keep on doing what you do Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

LeadingTree is a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree

Pros: - Great exchange of ideas - Opinions are respected - Feeling of… Cons: - Salary is a little low but they make up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on LendingTree.

Worked for LendingTree? Contribute to the Community!