LendingTree

There are newer employer reviews for LendingTree

Fun Hard Work

Former Employee - Transaction Coordinator in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Transaction Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I worked at LendingTree full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're looking for a casual dress work atmosphere, LendingTree is that. Everyone works hard but has fun as well.

Cons

Feeling ackward wearing an expensive suit.

41 Other Employee Reviews for LendingTree (View Most Recent)

Awesome place to work. Tons of opportunities and more than anything, awesome people

Current Employee - Vice President in Burlingame, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- A great brand which consumers know about
    - A good focus on doing right thing for consumers
    - Good comp package
    - Open environment

Cons

- Company is going through the transition after the sale of Lending Tree Loans. Now it is becoming like more like a pure play internet company. So expect some transition pains. Should go away in Q3/Q4 of 2012.

Toxic Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree

Pros

There are no pros to working at Tree.com/LendingTree. If you are reading this and you are considering applying for a position here, I would highly recommend that you seek employment elsewhere. You will be miserable in this working environment. I am currently looking at other employment options and I know for a fact that several other employees are looking around at other companies as well.

Cons

The management at Tree.com/LendingTree has no control over costs and they have no clear direction. They are trying to get back to their "startup" roots. This is code for " being cheap". Salaries are below industry average unless you are a top executive. The only way they can lure top executives to Tree is to pay them alot of money. There is high turnover at the entry, middle and executive levels. The CEO is also the Chairman. This is a huge conflict of interest, in my opinion. The CEO claims to have an open-door policy. He tries to act like a cool "startup" CEO by working out of a cubicle. The irony is that he never, EVER walks around and talks to employees and he is not a very approachable person.

Stop being so arrogant and stubborn. Start being honest with your employees and stop screwing them when it comes to their pay. Also, don't talk bad/insult former employees when they leave the company. This is terrible for morale.

There are newer employer reviews for LendingTree