There are newer employer reviews for Lenovo

Proud to be at Lenovo

Current Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Lenovo

Pros

New world thinking company that takes a very innovative approach to everything the company does. The company has fused the eastern and western cultures beautifully. With its already strong position in growth markets, the company is poise to be a formidable competitor soon

Cons

Globally distributed operations, resulting in work being spread out all hours of the day

Continue the focus on streamlining processes and getting off the IBM infrastructure as quickly as possible

354 Other Employee Reviews for Lenovo (View Most Recent)

LENOVO?? BE FRIENDS WITH YOUR MANAGER AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY!

Current Employee - Order Management in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Order Management in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Lenovo

Pros

Comparable salaries, work enviornment, training material and experience

Cons

Large company with the small business promotion process. You can only be promoted if you have a really close relationship with your first and second line managers. Doesn't really matter if you do your job well and have the passion for the business... the person who get's promoted is your manager's best friend. And it's not personal. I've seen it all throughout the departments and everyone comments about it. It's awfully dissapointing.

Hey Bill! This may not be drawn to your attention however you should know that 95% of your best employees leave the company to lower income jobs with better management enviornments because of the way the promotion is handled by 1st line managers. It's absurd that for us to be recognized we need to have a very close and personal relationship with our managers.

Great opportunity but limited options

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Lenovo

Pros

Truly cutting edge company. Lenovo takes "multi-national" to the next level.

Cons

Hard to see a long-lived career here. Many jobs (at all levels) have been moved overseas. Dwindling career opportunities. Commodity products that need to be differentiated.

Need to show the ability to develop a "game changing" product. Think beyond PCs.

There are newer employer reviews for Lenovo