There are newer employer reviews for Lenovo

Be prepared to work long hours

Current Employee - Director in Morrisville, NC
Current Employee - Director in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Lenovo

Pros

Interesting industry, exciting changes, opportunity for company to grow. International experience.

Cons

24 hour work cycle, volume of work.

Recognize that we are in a very flat organization with very few people at the bottom of the chain to do the work. Make priorities and stick to them.

353 Other Employee Reviews for Lenovo (View Most Recent)

Lenovo is a fun, challenging place to work.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Lenovo

Pros

We get to be on the leading edge of technical development, and see how a company can take advantage of world sourced business.
    We also work in a fast moving, global environment that is intellectually stimulating. We also get the chance to drive technical change and learn from our customers what specific things they need to improve their computing experience.

Cons

We work very long hours due to the global nature of our jobs. We also must learn to be sensitive to other cultures. Lenovo also has significant difficulties with our internal management of data. It is difficult, if not impossible, to track down important data needed to complete our jobs.

Get us better data so we can make more educated decisions. Keep us at the forefront of customer concerns.

A company oblivious of what it takes to succeed

Current Employee - Marketing in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Lenovo

Pros

The commute is pretty short and the weather's pretty good year-round.

Cons

The ridiculous demands on your time. There are conference calls day AND night, which eat up into time which should be spent with your kids. Mine are about ready to disown me! The legacy of IBM is still pervasive, so you work with a bunch of people who were fairly clueless about what it takes to run an efficient, profitable company. The IT system is so antiquated that approximately a quarter of the employees could be eliminated if it was updated.

Trim the fat where it counts... up top, and shore up where it matters, down in the trenches. The company's cost structure is ridiculously burdened by ex-IBM execs who are only now learning what it takes to make a business truly succeed. A large percentage of the employees below middle management are overworked and if measured by industry standards, underpaid. My home in Cary is definitely not cheaper than homes in many metropolitan areas around the country, so justifying my sub-par salary by claiming that the cost of living is low is erroneous! Another piece of advice I'd give our leadership is to stop hiring ex-Dell execs. There's a reason why they left - they couldn't hack it at a company that runs like clockwork. The ThinkPad is a great brand name, but that brand recognition hasn't helped and won't help sales when the product is falling way behind the competition.

There are newer employer reviews for Lenovo