great retail position

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sterling, VA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sterling, VA

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fair pay and incentives to meet and exceed sales goals
great staff
rewarding work with many things to learn

Cons

little control over scheduling
not many opportunities for a pay raise because of commission base pay

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

"Tragic situation going on here"

Former Employee - Eye Care Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Eye Care Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at LensCrafters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Obtained pretty good experience, but not worth it for the long term

Cons

I worked as a part timer at Lens crafter for a year and all i can say is that this is a tragic situation for employees who are actually working in the stores as opticians or eye care associates. The company is totally mismanaged. Its the typical situation of Corporate taking all the money and not distributing it to the people that actually are doing all all the real work. The compensation is awful, an un livable wage for a child that lives with their parents perhaps. All this is preposterous because the sales in many of the stores are significant and should be enough to offer attractive pay. I have yet to find a person in the field from this company with a kind word to say about it. ( though i'm sure people in corporate are glowing about how great this company is to work for ) And yes, its true they have the balls to send you home with out pay if business is slow. In fact i remember one day the company was receiving a shipment of what had to be 5000 dollars of new displays all carefully individually packaged in boxes. The shipping had to be a couple thousand alone. All this was totally unnecessary. While receiving these orders, they were sending people home. I had three managers, all with absolutely no optical experience in 8 months. What kind of optical company hires people with no optical experience or back ground to pretest and sell people glasses. I can't imagine a company like this surviving much longer.

Advice to Management

Realize that you are an optical company that should be hiring quality people, paying not just competitive but attractive salaries. I believe especially in this business employee loyalty on the ground level is critical. After all you have patients that come in year after year expecting professional treatment from familiar faces .

I loved the Customers and team that I built. Did not always feel supported by the Upper Management

Former Employee - General Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at LensCrafters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, Pay, Product Quality, Innovation

Cons

Lack of support from upper management when decisions needed to be made.

Advice to Management

Listen and support those who are held accountable to running the biz and talk lower level associates word when there are performance management issues going on.