LensCrafters

There are newer employer reviews for LensCrafters

great retail position

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sterling, VA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sterling, VA

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

fair pay and incentives to meet and exceed sales goals
great staff
rewarding work with many things to learn

Cons

little control over scheduling
not many opportunities for a pay raise because of commission base pay

407 Other Employee Reviews for LensCrafters (View Most Recent)

Friendly and Accomodating

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The manager and coworkers are great. There's a sence of community among employees. Work/life balance is a priority. Schedules are made to try to accomodate individual needs. Multiple training resources are available and encouraged. The store is beautiful and kept very clean. Convenient location within a popular shopping village. Advanced equipment for better accuracy.

Cons

The starting pay is low, but not the worst. We have frequent cuts in hours. Not a ton of advancement opportunities within the store. The drinking fountains are broken and a crummy break room.

We need more hours to survive! I love my job. Please don't keep me away from it so much.

"Tragic situation going on here"

Former Employee - Eye Care Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Eye Care Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at LensCrafters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Obtained pretty good experience, but not worth it for the long term

Cons

I worked as a part timer at Lens crafter for a year and all i can say is that this is a tragic situation for employees who are actually working in the stores as opticians or eye care associates. The company is totally mismanaged. Its the typical situation of Corporate taking all the money and not distributing it to the people that actually are doing all all the real work. The compensation is awful, an un livable wage for a child that lives with their parents perhaps. All this is preposterous because the sales in many of the stores are significant and should be enough to offer attractive pay. I have yet to find a person in the field from this company with a kind word to say about it. ( though i'm sure people in corporate are glowing about how great this company is to work for ) And yes, its true they have the balls to send you home with out pay if business is slow. In fact i remember one day the company was receiving a shipment of what had to be 5000 dollars of new displays all carefully individually packaged in boxes. The shipping had to be a couple thousand alone. All this was totally unnecessary. While receiving these orders, they were sending people home. I had three managers, all with absolutely no optical experience in 8 months. What kind of optical company hires people with no optical experience or back ground to pretest and sell people glasses. I can't imagine a company like this surviving much longer.

Realize that you are an optical company that should be hiring quality people, paying not just competitive but attractive salaries. I believe especially in this business employee loyalty on the ground level is critical. After all you have patients that come in year after year expecting professional treatment from familiar faces .

There are newer employer reviews for LensCrafters