LensCrafters

www.lenscrafters.com
There are newer employer reviews for LensCrafters

review

I worked at LensCrafters

Pros

will take people without experience and if you work hard you will gain valuable experience

Cons

a revolving door of people coming and going
upper management is constantly changing the direction and selling techniques

good place to start and learn

407 Other Employee Reviews for LensCrafters (View Most Recent)

Growth, management experience & recognition, until it's stolen / work life balance? They own you

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at LensCrafters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If recruited and store mgmt. takes a real interest in developing you, you could rise fast, as I did. If your store does well and you inspire, providing local leadership develops and promotes you - the life of Store GM awaits you. "The privilege"; annual conferences were big lavish parties,- if you can stomach surreal culture of rah rah, plenty of other late night drinkers and early am classes and seminars, great leadership training, involvement, exhaustion. Good memories. Good benefits, 401k with match

Cons

5 year vesting period on that 401. After gaining some tenure, it appeared that many of the rising stars they crown and glorify in their first two years or so, were later; systematically beheaded, by making life so difficult in the two years approaching the fifth, that many would leave the company, or were terminated due to something unmentionable- much on the down low. This is my observation and opinion, or suspicion based in part on a bizarre chain of events which made me have to be a hero- my own primarily. This fun played out until my eventual demise. In other words, it became a game- political and messy. Not having had experience working for a huge organiation, this was a circus to me, though this raised in me a resolve to be impossible to sway- they couldn't shake me until I vested (so I had a valuable goal to reach). The masters of manipulation (corporate commonplace I assume), eventually had their way- I learned a great deal, had so much fun and experienced..... I learned business like no other, but it disconnected me from my career contacts in the optical business at large- the network of extended family of independent offices. That was a big problem later. If you are an optician, not wanting to ride the management rollercoaster- don't be enticed by LC for an optician position, you will miss the finer points of the life of an optician, while the strictly profit-margin driven limitations on products available for your patients will make you feel dirty. The mall hours, special events, (in)voluntary extra projects, - will alienate you. The incrementally increasing- often overwhelming demands as a salaried manager at LC was to me, a short term ride by necessity. I can say I did it, and move on.

If you are like my former director (incredible trainer- good heart, but insane), and some former peers; you will look back and wonder what made you go like that. You probably are a little brainwashed and neurotic, so don't expect all your subordinates to keep up with you all the time. Enjoy your adrenalin addiction, but set a date to eject. Time comes- pull out. Too many years of that- cannot be healthy. That spirit of service is a transferrable skill.

Lab Technician

I worked at LensCrafters

Pros

There is flexibility for part timers. There are oppurtunities to earn commission and at times, it can make quite a difference in you income.

Cons

The management is very unknowledgeable of eyecare. Hours are based on the stores revenue. Since the base pay is low, competition for commission is cut throat.

To upper management. If you treat the low level employees well, customer service will reflect that. Hire from within.

There are newer employer reviews for LensCrafters