Fun Livid Environment

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tuscaloosa, AL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helps trains me for my career when I graduate.

Cons

Sometimes can get very slow.

Advice to Management

Kepp up the good work

0 reviews filtered by
  1. Overall, very good

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

Super flexible with scheduling. The harder you work, the more money you make!

Cons

Having to deal with the corporate BS. Definitely don't agree with all of their practices!

2. Perfect job for college student

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome customers (most of the time), work was enjoyable (most of the time), and very flexible. The part where you actually deal with glasses and optics was awesome and fun. You meet some very interesting people and learn important social skills. Hourly pay was not bad for what the job was. It was a very valuable experience and the job actually helped me in many ways and taught me many lessons.

Cons

Management treats you as a tangible object, low to little reward/ recognition for excellent performance. Education, smarts, and wittiness were often frowned upon/disregarded. Impossible to move up in company. Even middle/upper management treated you like this, which is sad really. Commission scale is pitiful and depends on store performance rather than personal performance, which is absurd. Once sold $16,000 in one week and received $55 in commission.

Advice to Management

Maybe just at least reward employees with something other than unpleasant cleaning duties. If work is getting done and goals are being met and exceeded, maybe just lay off a bit and let the employees do their thing if it is working. Don't fix something that's not broken.