Great place to work

Current Employee - Lab Technician
Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My bosses are very flexible on my schedule. I am a full time students so I only have time to work on the weekends. All my co-workers are very friendly and fun to work with. Pay for me was a big step up from my previous fast food job. As of Jan 1, 2014 they changed the incentives program. I started in early December so I can't really say if the new incentives program gives more or less money in bonuses, but my co-workers say less. Working in the lab is fun. Most of the time its pretty laid back. There are slow days where I mostly clean up the lab. There are busy times though. The computer training was good. There is a lot of computer training but once I did it I felt really comfortable working in the lab.

Cons

I've been at LC for about 4 months now. Just a few negative things I have noticed. The computer system is horrible. The computers constantly freeze and are non responsive. I can't even do my certification training because the computers are so bad. I don't get much recognition for working hard. My boss will tell me every once in a while. Not that big of a deal. I know I'm doing a good job even if no one tells me.

Advice to Management

Tell your employees they are doing a good job and reward them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Sales, sales, and more sales

I worked at LensCrafters part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a good position if you are really motivated by sales, but the company doesn't really put much attention towards employees.

Cons

Sales are really really important

2. overall just ok

Current Employee - Lead Eyecare Advisor in Fort Gratiot, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Eyecare Advisor in Fort Gratiot, MI

I have been working at LensCrafters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

when the store makes the weekly sale goal, the commission is good. if not you make basically nothing, no matter how much you personally sold. health insurance is available to ft employees, and it pretty good coverage. Receiving a free pair every year is awesome, and if you work with a good doctor and coworkers it can be a very enjoyable working environment. Will reimburse for ABOC certificate.

Cons

When the store does not make plan commission is near to nothing, maybe $20 a week. Upper management likes to keep as many people at pt as possible, although you will be told you are up for ft. You are often expected to stay late, and upsell every single customer. If they do not upgrade you will be "coached" on what you did wrong. Although it is medical equiptment, it is treated only as sales. Also never enough staffing, forced to forgo a lunch and even breaks a few days a week.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Having to constantly stay late and not being able to take a break is not good for anyone- customers or employees. The computer system needs to be upgraded and is the slowest and most frustrating part of the day. Bringing in outside people instead of promoting from within has caused many good people to leave, and those who are incompentant and don't care to stay. I have seen 4 great people leave due to this in my store alone, and I just put my 2 weeks in after being passed up for a promotion after being the top sales person in the store and there more than my manager for 2 years.