Leon's Furniture

www.leons.ca
  www.leons.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Leon's Furniture

The best retail company to work with

I worked at Leon's Furniture full-time

Pros

The best compensation for your effort. Good environment to work for.

Cons

Need to be patient for things to come by.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Leon's Furniture (View Most Recent)

Stress and low pay.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Leon's Furniture full-time

Pros

Three days off a week isn't bad. And sales have an all day work schedule. No working 8 hours only to be grappling for an hour after your shift ends to make a sale.
    Fellow Associates. They make it worth it to come in.

Cons

Pay - 3 % is good is you sell a ton. You get plenty of days making $0 in sales, especially when people aren't buying.
    Management - constant bombardment of negativity. Warranties or your gone, quantity or your gone, I have yet to hear anything good. I believe once I was told I handled a situation well, the rest has been that I am in the red. So far, I am very unimpressed with how our management thinks constantly being told how awful your are doing will inspire us to sell. No, it inspires us to avoid them at all costs.
    Pay again - sell that extended warranty on a 3k item, and in 4 years if they have to receive a new one, the original sale gets removed from your paycheck. Yet, we HAVE to sell warranties at risk of losing money down the line?
     - We are expected to be the first line of defense for all issues with "our" customers. From start, to checkout, to delivery issue's, we do it all.
    Dog eat dog world. Rules change all the time. Sharks can approach their "old" customers, yet those sharks will call you on "they didn't ask for you" rules of engagement.
    Training - Put in a room to listen to video's and then forgotten about for hours. Luckily, the fellow associates talked me through the basics.
    Constantly feeling unsecured in your job. "Next week will probably be your last" feeling.

Fix this routine. Leon's goes through employee's like gasoline. The turnaround says there is an underlining problem. Negativity never goes far. I have worked enough places and I have never seen such a depressing place.

fun and gratifying

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Leon's Furniture

Pros

it offers a decent salary

Cons

the schedule has very long hours and weekend

There are newer employer reviews for Leon's Furniture