Prior employee - multiple positions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss full-time

Pros

Being downtown. Working with friends.

Cons

HR is a nightmare. Condescending email messages are regularly sent from HR belittling the employees. Employees are not supposed to talk to one another. Ill-trained management. Grave lack of concern/respect for employees. Extremely low morale. Temps can be kept for years with no benefits, no direct hire and terminated out of the blue.

Advice to Management

If even a scintilla of respect was shown to the employees, the morale would dramatically increase. The constant rules, belittling and condescension shown to employees is embarrassing to the company and the cause for the horrible morale level. Recognize that many of your employees only make it through the day there because they work with friends. Allow them to say hello to one another without condescension. After all, THEY are the ones who are making the firm run.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Never Again

Former Contractor - Clerk in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Contractor - Clerk in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting paid is the only true pro - being able to walk around downtown Cincinnati was a plus because you could go out on your lunch break and actually do something.

Cons

So many - Basically all your co-workers are ready to stab you in the back and gossip. Quite open about their personal lives to an inappropriate degree (often regarding significant others - I couldn't care less thank you). You are a cog not a person - they don't take the time to get to know you since they (reasonably) assume that in a fairly short amount of time you will be replaced by a new temp. Getting hired on directly is practically impossible. The departments usually have no clue what the other departments do and employees are discouraged from cross training - there were times I had to explain the legal process to other attorneys at the firm how the eviction process works (I didn't have a clue before I started the position). When I interviewed I had specifically said that I didn't want to have to work/speak with the defendant. This changed towards the end of my time their I was sort of "promoted" as I got to do my own job, the job of a girl who left, and expected to help with the overload of some of my other directly employed full time co-workers.

Advice to Management

Learn what the people under you do, learn what you should do and actually do it.

bad

Former Employee - Clerk in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Clerk in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none, I mean the pay is good, but chances are if you work there, you are a temp. So no benefits, insurance, etc.

Cons

Where do we begin? It appears everyone else hates each other. I am not sure if its because the workforce is mainly women, and everyone just feels like being catty or what. Was told on my first day that tattling is something they wholly take part in. But here is the worst part: NO one speaks to anyone. You park at the lot. You wait in silence. You board the bus, silence. You walk into work, silence. You work all day, silence. Silence. Silence. all day. You also regularly receive emails from HR scolding the employees on a regular basis. Then its always fun googling the company name and seeing people they have wrongfully foreclosed on. Its funny, because it just happen to know someone it happened to recently. Thankfully I no longer work there, and am doing WAY better at another firm.

Advice to Management

Might want to just shut down, it's not for you. Game over. I tell people at the place I am at now where I came from, and they gasp. You guys have a reputation. The response is always "Oh my God, you worked for THEM??? Yeah...just shut it down.