Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss

www.lsr.com

Letting go of the wrong ones

Former Employee - Clerk  in  Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Clerk in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The best thing about working with LSR was that I loved what I did. I worked very accurately and efficiently. I made sure all my work was completed on a daily basis and in a fair amount of time. I worked hard with other departments that my position needed me to work closely with. I loved the benefits and some of the people I worked with.

Cons

I literally hated this place. You weren’t shown any recognition for anything you did. You could come in and work from sun up to sun down and your raise and review never mentioned one thing about your hard work and dedication, but what it did say you was you are an asset to the firm which is quite funny since they let me go right after that. I believe this could be a great company if only Rick Rothfuss and Kirk Sampson knew what was going on behind closed doors. The management has no clue on what they are doing. Half of them don't even know the jobs that all of their employees do on a day to day basis. Do not be fooled by some of these people, they are like snakes in the grass or should I say the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood. They smile in your face while all along they are plotting to get rid of you.

Words of advice from an employee who came in everyday and worked hard and did a job well and efficiently, you let go one of the best workers you had. The ones you need to get rid of are still there.

Other reviews for Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss

Best thing to happen to me at this place was to quit

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

It was a pay check.

Cons

Where do a I start. A typical day starts at 8 am which is when you are expected to be at your desk ready and already working. However, your supervisor will stroll in 15 or more minutes later, only to then send an department wide email about how important it is to be at your desk and working on time. Forget about talking with your co-workers, there is strict silence. You could hear a pin drop or an ant fart it is so quiet. Lunch...well, if you are lucky enough to NOT be on mandatory OT you get an hour. AND NO MORE. Dont even think about having lunch with anyone outside your department either, that is not an option. The afternoon is quite similar to the morning. Be ready to play 20 questions if you get up from your desk for any reason, even to go to the restroom. Other things that warrant mentioning: If you want to get hired full time, forget it. They use the excuse of a "hiring freeze" which means they are too cheap to pay for benefits, holidays, and vacations. You get zero feedback from supervisors and management about being hired, or your job performance. Although, they are very quick to let the entire department know when you have screwed up, via email of course. Bottom line, this was one of the most poorly run places I have ever worked. The best part of my employment was when I didnt have to work there any longer.

There is no leadership at Lerner, Sampson, and Rothfuss. They are all a bunch of followers using the excuse of "Management decisions" for all their actions, nobody wants to take responsibility. Its all a huge joke.

Great opportunity with a solid company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I've been at LSR for about 5 years and can't say enough good things. They hired me with minimal work experience and paid me well. Because I work hard, I've been given opportunities along the way that I wouldn't have received from any other company based on my limited work experience. When some of my friends lost their jobs when the economy turned, I didn't have to worry about my job security.

The work environment is a cubicle one, which always has pros and cons, but I do have to say that the office is quiet enough that the cubicle set-up isn't distracting, and I have quick access to my Supervisor when I need him.

My job has set goals, so I know exactly what is expected of me every day. There's never a question as to how I'm doing; I know that if I've met my goal, I'm doing exactly what I need to do. With that said, I have a few different job duties which helps to keep things interesting. They have annual reviews, but I also get feedback from my Supervisor. Others on this site have said that they only get negative feedback; I don't find that to be the case at all. I get much more positive feedback than negative...of course, I also work hard and meet my goals, so there's not really any negative feedback anyways.

The pay at LSR is the same or a little above what my friends are being paid for similiar jobs, so that's a plus too. My pay coming right out of college was significantly higher than those I graduated with, especially with the bad job market.

My Supervisor and Manager are supportive, and they have an open door policy. If I'm looking for more of a challenge, all I have to do is ask. If I need more training or don't understand something, all I have to do is ask. No complaints in this area either.

The one thing to know about LSR is that people who come in and "skate through" their day by surfing the internet or chatting with their friends won't do well. There's a lot of work to do, which some people like and others don't. Personally, I like the overtime and jump on it whenever it's offered. Others do it because they occasionally have to. Either way, you have to give 110% every day.

LSR has their own parking, which is definitely great. There's also a shuttle from the parking lot to the building. I know people who are paying over $150 a month just to park downtown, and that doesn't even get them within a few blocks of their building.

Cons

As I mentioned, people who just want to punch a timeclock or want to get paid for sitting around won't do well here. LSR expects employees to give 110%, and people that don't, or people that can't work quickly and accurately won't succeed and won't last very long. For me, this isn't a "con", it just means that I'm able to surround myself with people that have my similiar work ethic.

Keep doing the little things. Employees really like the spontaneous raffles...especially the Bengals and Reds tickets. More of that would be great. Also, there are a few negative comments on this site, but that's one of many opinions...and not the opinion of the people that I work with daily.

There are newer employer reviews for Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss.

Worked for Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss? Contribute to the Community!