LesConcierges
www.lesconcierges.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Great company for the right person

ProsWhen I started here the negativity that spread through the office almost got to me. As I took a step back I saw how supportive my team was and that LC was actually a great place to work. Though all of the negativity was coming from a valid place all of it is easily fixed. Throughout my career I’ve found that every company has issues. At a certain point if you keep leaving when problems arise you’ll be leaving companies quite frequently and it will be difficult to find a job. The best thing for LesConcierges is to hire people that would like to commit through the growing pains and work to make the environment better.

I do want to say that the other reviews on here are valid and the employees complaining have a right to do so. If they are working in a department that is becoming toxic they need to bring that up with HR. If someone is not being allowed to take vacation they deserve to take or if someone’s workload is becoming unmanageable this needs to be brought to their manager’s attention and/or HR’s attention. We should communicate what needs to be fixed but then also look at how we can work together to help improve the situation.

However I see both sides. The Managers work constantly and are overwhelmed.
Yes, they make more money and yes, there’s a disconnect between the two sides but it’s very few companies I’ve ever worked for that didn’t have that disconnect. It’s not as if the executives purposefully segregate themselves. They are trying to get work done in the deadlines that were given to them. Everyone works incredibly hard at LC.

PROS
At LC we have committees to improve employee satisfaction and TONS of surveys that try and gauge what people want. I came from companies that weren't concerned if an employee was happy so the efforts by the committees and all the surveys is a fantastic thing for me as an employee to be a part of.

What you get by working here is a hand in doing things that you wouldn’t normally get to do at huge companies. If you feel you need to, you're allowed to voice your ideas and contribute to projects that lead to some great experiences. Lastly the promotions here happen so much faster than other companies. There are huge corporations that don’t promote people until they have been with a company for years. I would definitely recommend this company to people who thrive on an environment that moves very fast and has many projects happening at the same time. It’s hard at times but I love the people I work with and I enjoy it here.

ConsThe reality is the more the company grows the less they are going to be able to make everyone happy.
PTO could be increased. Concierge being able to easily use that PTO should be improved.
Flexibility in scheduling...we need to create the ability for Concierge to get Sat & Sun off every so often.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall my feeling is first we need some management training, which I know is in the works. We don't have bad managers. On the contrary we have some great people here. We just have managers with so much work that they don't get to manage properly. That will take a little training on things like creating clear goals, seeing your employee's performance as a reflection on you (to a point), properly relating to your employee, giving more positive feedback instead of only giving negative feedback, giving negative feedback constructively and of course management needs to be given the time in their schedule to do this. We need to instill the idea that every employee is valuable. In the end everyone at LC needs to remove the negativity and work from a positive place.

Flag Review
LesConcierges Head of Employee Engagement responded to this review Sep 9, 2013 EditDelete
Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. You have obviously put a lot of thought into your review and it is much appreciated. We want to provide a workplace that is positive and ... More

LesConcierges has huge potential

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros: Pros: Ability To Grow – with the company growing as it has there is a lot of opportunity for those that want to take it… Cons: Cons: Upper Management – the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around. Senior team should… Advice to Senior Management: Get in touch with your employees, manage by walking around, invest in the people that are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Miserable. Toxic. Demoralizing.

Corporate Concierge (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros: The location is nice; San Francisco is a great city. Cons: Incompetent management, lack of direction/leadership, no communication, no structure, no respect; almost everybody here is miserable. If you are a Concierge, you will be… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people, and treat your employees like human beings. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LesConcierges.

Worked for LesConcierges? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LesConcierges reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LesConcierges CEO Matt Clemenson & James Eyton. All reviews posted anonymously by LesConcierges employees.