There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

Do Not Accept a Job Here Unless it is your Only Hope

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are fantastic! Interesting people, friendly & helpful. It is a good thing they are helpful because the training is pathetic. The office looks nice the first time or two you see it. You'll learn about cool places. (but won't ever get to go there while you are working here).

Cons

It took me more than 4 months after leaving here to write this review cause I was so bitter and burnt out and I want to be realistic. Talking with other people who left around the same time on Facebook I realized we all felt the same way and I wanted to contribute something to steer people way from this pitfall. It LOOKS good. They TALK a good game. They even say it's "not your typical call center" as they guide you around the building. The reality is awful, just awful.

The long term employees are bitter and just playing the games to get the QA scores they need to keep people off they're backs. QA is ridiculous, I'm not even going to waste time talking about how useless their "new improved" system is. You will be held to arbitrary, ever changing standards even as the calls keep coming in. They talk about "white glove service" but that's really not what happens, they don't have enough staff to make that work. They seem to spend a lot of time getting people in the door then make them miserable until they leave.

What do I miss least? Horrible supervisors with no management experience. Total lack of support when customers are upset. Constantly being asked to do more with no extra perks or rewards (if you last here a year you are basically senior staff!!!!). And the stress of little to no time off (realistically impossible, every one calls in sick to go on vacation, wink wink).

About some of the other reviews on this site: be very wary of any reviews that mention the great work of the HR department - any one who has ever worked here knows this is not true. And why are all the good reviews anonymous?

Where to start? Treat your employees like human beings. You hired them because they are exciting people and then you squeeze the life out of them. There is one trainer, Justin, who really taught people how to sound great on the phone and to have some style. He is the only reason I lasted there at all. The other trainers are useless. The HR department is clueless and out of touch, they only cater to the needs to the management employees and ignore/harass the worker bees. And taking a survey and another survey and another survey is frustrating and made me feel crazy for even thinking all this talk about change was anything more than talk. Stop sending out surveys. Listen to the people who really do the work and answer the phones. And stop basing everyone's workday on the worst software I have ever seen. I wish you well cause you gave me a job when they were hard to find. But you treated me like replaceable, breakable object and I had to leave.

57 Other Employee Reviews for LesConcierges (View Most Recent)

LesConcierges has huge potential

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

Pros:

Ability To Grow – with the company growing as it has there is a lot of opportunity for those that want to take it to grow with the company. There is so much work to be done – the potential is phenomenal. The leaders have done an amazing job of getting the company to this place.

Culture – the company culture is still intact even with the growth. It is a fun and fast paced environment with very amazing and unique employees that make this company’s culture what it is. Everyone supports each other, and while doing hard work, still really like to enjoy what they are doing.

Loyalty – the management of the company is very loyal to their employees who have in turn given their blood, sweat and tears to get the company to where it is.

Concierges – the front line of the company is the concierges and they are amazing at what they do. They embody the company’s culture and help clients to make their lives better. The company would not be what it is today without them.

Clients – the ability for the company to customize to meet clients’ needs is a differentiator for the company. They take the clients goals/wants/needs and make them real.

Cons

Cons:

Upper Management – the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around. Senior team should look at those that are actually doing the work that don’t necessarily have VP titles; they are the backbone of keeping things going.

Infrastructure – with the growth the company is struggling to put the support in place that is needed to take the company to the next level.

Values - we should be living our values every day not just when it is convenient, that comes from the top down.

Get in touch with your employees, manage by walking around, invest in the people that are doing the work, prepare for the future of the company as I can see the potential!

LesConcierges Response

Sep 9, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. Your review accurately captures this moment in the history of LC — both pros and cons. While we are fortunate to experience growth we are also ... More

Miserable. Toxic. Demoralizing.

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

The location is nice; San Francisco is a great city.

Cons

Incompetent management, lack of direction/leadership, no communication, no structure, no respect; almost everybody here is miserable. If you are a Concierge, you will be treated like crap. Teams are short staffed; you will be worked like a slave and expected to do the work of 2-3 people as you work on multiple competing accounts. You will be micromanaged to the point where it feels like you are in prison.

People get burnt out fast and there is an extremely high turnover. If you last more than a year you will probably end up suicidal.

Good work is not rewarded, and there is a severe lack of training and almost no opportunities for growth. You could work here 10 years and never be promoted or get a raise, not even to keep up with inflation. Working at LesConcierges is a job, not a career, and I would only recommend it as a last resort if you are desperate for money and have no other job prospects.

Hire more people, and treat your employees like human beings. Offer more paid time off so people don't burn out as fast.

There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

Worked for LesConcierges? Contribute to the Community!