LesConcierges

www.lesconcierges.com
  www.lesconcierges.com
There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

Terrible experience, would not recommend it.

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Office location is good for transport.

Cons

Management was poor. Favouritism was strong.

Start again from top down.

63 Other Employee Reviews for LesConcierges (View Most Recent)

Hard work pays off!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The location and office environment is very modern and it is rare to feel obligated to work overtime. Overtime opportunities are usually available however, and it is nice to be able to have the opportunity to increase your paycheck if you are willing to work for it. You can come in to work, do your job, and leave it at work. Compensation is in line with other jobs in the hospitality industry and the bonus structure is great if you work hard enough to get the full pay out. Manager's are direct in what they expect of you in terms of performance level and provide helpful insight of how to deal with difficult customers. The HR department is wonderful and supportive, if you ask for support that is.

Cons

There could be more resources and educational trainings and more career guidance if you are hoping to move up in the company. Yes, the company is growing so there is a lot of opportunity, but the company has expanded very fast and there isn't too much of a focus on developing employees.

Reach out and engage more with the concierge and collaborate. Great things can come from working together.

LesConcierges Response

Sep 9, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. We appreciate you highlighting the positive aspects of working at LC, specifically the financial opportunities that are available to employees ... More

Do Not Accept a Job Here Unless it is your Only Hope

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are fantastic! Interesting people, friendly & helpful. It is a good thing they are helpful because the training is pathetic. The office looks nice the first time or two you see it. You'll learn about cool places. (but won't ever get to go there while you are working here).

Cons

It took me more than 4 months after leaving here to write this review cause I was so bitter and burnt out and I want to be realistic. Talking with other people who left around the same time on Facebook I realized we all felt the same way and I wanted to contribute something to steer people way from this pitfall. It LOOKS good. They TALK a good game. They even say it's "not your typical call center" as they guide you around the building. The reality is awful, just awful.

The long term employees are bitter and just playing the games to get the QA scores they need to keep people off they're backs. QA is ridiculous, I'm not even going to waste time talking about how useless their "new improved" system is. You will be held to arbitrary, ever changing standards even as the calls keep coming in. They talk about "white glove service" but that's really not what happens, they don't have enough staff to make that work. They seem to spend a lot of time getting people in the door then make them miserable until they leave.

What do I miss least? Horrible supervisors with no management experience. Total lack of support when customers are upset. Constantly being asked to do more with no extra perks or rewards (if you last here a year you are basically senior staff!!!!). And the stress of little to no time off (realistically impossible, every one calls in sick to go on vacation, wink wink).

About some of the other reviews on this site: be very wary of any reviews that mention the great work of the HR department - any one who has ever worked here knows this is not true. And why are all the good reviews anonymous?

Where to start? Treat your employees like human beings. You hired them because they are exciting people and then you squeeze the life out of them. There is one trainer, Justin, who really taught people how to sound great on the phone and to have some style. He is the only reason I lasted there at all. The other trainers are useless. The HR department is clueless and out of touch, they only cater to the needs to the management employees and ignore/harass the worker bees. And taking a survey and another survey and another survey is frustrating and made me feel crazy for even thinking all this talk about change was anything more than talk. Stop sending out surveys. Listen to the people who really do the work and answer the phones. And stop basing everyone's workday on the worst software I have ever seen. I wish you well cause you gave me a job when they were hard to find. But you treated me like replaceable, breakable object and I had to leave.

There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges