There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

friendly supportive environment, professional colleagues, nice building

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

employee enrichment and professional opportunities

Cons

no input in scheduling or which department of company I would be best suited for, salary offer quite low

reviews filtered by
  1. You get out what you put in.

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity. This is a creative place to work. If you are willing to work hard, be open minded, and creative, there are truly amazing opportunities to be had at this company.

Cons

Company policies could be more organized.

Advice to Management

You are on the right track. I appreciate the opportunities and experience I gained by working here. A push toward cohesiveness could make huge difference.

They Lost Their Way- Need to Get Back to Basics

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Concierge & ticket staff are excellent. Travel experts are talented, although a little cliquish. Some managers will fight for you. Good benefits. Opportunities for growth and perks but you have to make yourself indispensable to get there. I enjoyed learning about travel, culture, and food during my years there. If it were 2008-2010, I'd recommend working there, back when they were smaller and gave their employees the time and space and independence to do the above and beyond job that they're so good at selling to clients.

Cons

Upper management is too top heavy- I bet many of them would have difficulty trying to justify their salaries when they spend so little time on the ground floor really seeing how these things work. Nobody should be promoted to a management or questionable VP position without spending *some* time taking and listening to calls. Because of this disconnect- they put together unrealistic standards and policies that are always changing and arbitrary and messily built on top of one another. The QA standards became harder and harder to fulfill and the QA team seemed rude and dismissive and unable to understand nuances, personal style, or what real human connection looks like. This kind of service can not and should not be automated- stop trying to standardize everything.

Advice to Management

Chill out with expansion and growth- stop changing the rules on employees, especially without their input. Get back to what brought you success- individualizing the experience. Adding responsibilities time and time again is bad for morale, which explains the higher than average turnover rate. You guys spend alot of money and time on training- wouldn't it be more cost effective to KEEP employees by giving them the time and space and staffing to do their jobs? Instead of working with soul-sucking financial institutions that ONLY know how to deliver monotonous, robotic service try to reach out to other type of high-end clients. Don't treat your employees like children- they should have some say in when to take a break or when they need some time off the phones to catch up. Most would not abuse this responsibility and it's the job of management to work with the few employees that spend too much time off the phones.