LesConcierges

www.lesconcierges.com
  www.lesconcierges.com
There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

LesConcierges constantly evolving, good place for right person

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

lively workplace culture with wide range of creative as well as corporate types
cooperative work environment
in global growth phase
quality client list
commuter's ease to Union Square location
immediate and generous benefits upon hiring (no 90 day wait period)
access to LC/city/regional hospitality industry events & experiences
spacious desks, natural lighting, windows that open, snacks and beverages provided
specialty teams for travel and tickets
some advancement opportunities
informative training seminars and client in-house visits
constantly changing business environment
open communication

Cons

vacation time could be increased
24/7 operation means working some eves or weekends, and holidays
some managers lack vision/expertise
need for staffing results in some poor hires
some internal communication issues
favoritism
IT dept needs beefing up

Bring in consultants to observe and make recommendations in management style/team
Create peer reviews for staff and for managers
Recognize and channel talents/energies of staff
Leadership and communication seminars benefit everyone and should be required of managers

63 Other Employee Reviews for LesConcierges (View Most Recent)

Reply to March 3rd 2014 post

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

Location, select group of people who had integrity,

Cons

Speaking out when things are not right

More than one person has gone to HR and to TRInet related to questionable practices related to diversity. People talk - and when no subsequent action takes place it is hard to believe commitment. Putting money into PRIDE is different than establishing a culture that values diversity of thought , lifestyle and approach. When you hear senior management say "I need to put on my heels because certain senior manager thinks I look like a dyke in flats" and this is heard by more than one person, as well as sundry other actions or statements that get stated in sr management meetings where no one stands up- and if you do you are pushed out-it is hard to trust there is commitment to change a blame/favoritism culture.

I wish company well. I learned what I needed about my own values about trust and integrity. Culture is far more than words. It is daily actions from the top. It is tough work. And it all starts with trust, something that was sorely lacking when I was there. I know this is challenging when resources are tight but I also know you've hired dozens of people over the years and stated you wanted to change this, yet actions appear to continue to diminish your intent. Challenge Yourselves to get at root cause . Every conversation I tried to be part of or initiate on this didn't get the right top leadership support and at times I seriously felt like leadership was working against me. I take accountability for my part and I wish I could have had the right leadership support to be successful.

There have been many great people who have worked there and many who are still there. Culture is more than words and coffee carts!

What is going on with this place?

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

There are some great people who work here. Great location.

Cons

The upper management are sneaks and liars. You can't trust any of them. Especially the ones in power right now. This makes a person scared for their job.

Who cares about snacks? Pay your people more. Get rid of the 'men's club' in upper management. Stop moving people up who have NO experience, unless you are actually going to pay for their training.

There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges