LesConcierges

There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

Absolutely Incompetent and Clueless

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits package is ok, but most of that money comes right out of your check. The company doesn't contribute very much for your benefits, at all. If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan. I suppose at least they offer one.

There are snacks, open windows, and some people are cool yet everyone is stressed out and the morale is in the toilet due to high turnover and very poor decisions made from the very top.

People are promoted, sure, but typically they are in positions that are a lateral move and not one that causes great influence to the company's bottom line. You'll end up spinning your wheels with the same dream and desire MANY people before you have had wishing you could change the company for the better but, it's all for not because all decisions rest with one person and one person only. Note: She didn't send you a Christmas card.

Cons

I think that any reasonable person can easily see through the smoke and mirrors maybe less for candidates but those that have lived through LC understand what that means. While "positive" reviews are placed into Glassdoor it is clear that those reviews are usually damage control for a PR situation that has become completely unhinged long ago. To be frank, the management team can't seem to muster the ability to do things right and instead aim to patch and band-aid things, pretending, and living in a fantasy land.

The change in management within this company is horrific and catastrophic without any real plan. If you would take the time to examine the history and average tenure of people on the management team (excluding the Chairman, of course) you'd be shocked to learn just how many people have had a very brief stay with LC at the C-Suite. This is a huge sign that things within the senior leadership team are unstable at best and certainly not beneficial to a long term and healthy career within LC itself. Placing people in charge who have no proven or established leadership experience of a company of this size is deplorable and a sign that the company is headed straight for an iceberg with no one at the helm to stop it.

Concierges and those that choose to stay do so out of necessity because many of them have no choice or are supporting a family. Management is fully aware of that handicap. People who join full of life and excited are soon replaced with feelings of despair and sadness. I've seen the place suck the life out of people and this includes people who have left the company with health ailments due to stress and being taxed with the burden of handling the jobs of several people. There are teams that have excessively high turnover and that causes a tremendous amount of stress, morale problems, and certainly everyone having to scramble at the last minute to barely cover what is needed.

I could go on and on and on and on. There are things I can't say here too because they would be deemed sensitive to the company's business. However, I can assure you that it took me around six months or more to fully recover from my LC experience as an employee. I would hope to never allow another person to have to go through what I and many people have already experienced. To say the company and their treatment of people is horrible is an understatement. I'm so ashamed I don't even want to include LC on my resume.

Any time you have a company that has an EXCESSIVE turnover, it is never the employees that are the issue. It's the leadership. Don't believe for a second that they have a clue on how to properly run a professional company.

You've had survey after survey...with little to no action.
You've had a team of employees band together into a task force, with little effect.
You've had people tell you to your face in writing and in person how horrible things are and even recommendations for improvement which fall on deaf ears.
You've had years to correct the wrongs and certainly a change in leadership means nothing since those people have very little power, it's all controlled from one person.
So there is no advice from this review. You've had PLENTY of advice without taking any of it. You've made it clear that you're going to do what you want to do and people better just "get used to it or leave".

64 Other Employee Reviews for LesConcierges (View Most Recent)

False claims of assets and capabilities, to staff and clients.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

International network could be a major asset, if the leadership practiced true partnerships. The office locations are well situated, but there is no comfortable movement and interaction within the organization.

Cons

Dysfunctional relationship between owners causes insecurities and paranoia across senior management, who mistreat staff that leads to high attrition rates.

Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. Record the claims and promises you make to your staff and your clients, and listen to them the next day.

All Dress and No Knickers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Location, location, location. A Maiden Lane address just off of San Francisco's Union Square. Interviews are held in the conference room of the flashy executive level. The pros of this place are the concierges. The benefits are good by market standards if one is eligible for them. Numerous talented, bright, high-spirited, ambitious young people see this as a great starting place for a blossoming career. The initial training is adequate, but it's also where the smoke and mirrors are introduced. The senior executives are masters of deception and exploitation. The folks working outside of the "executive suite" are among the brightest, kindest, well-intended people I've ever met. Sadly, one learns the camaraderie among the ranks is a Stockholm Syndrome-like relationship for having endured the same toxic torture. The thinly veiled disdain senior executives have for one another is only eclipsed by their passion for living the life of the rich and famous at the expense of their (dwindling) clients and exploited employees. On the few occasions I walked through the executive area, there was no glance of acknowledgment, no glimmer of a smile - only a curious grimace of who let you in here. There were some strong managers in the past, but anyone worthwhile is long gone. The mid-level managers are the product of no management training, no mentorship, and no acknowledgment whatsoever on a job well done. Last year at a town hall meeting, we were told senior management was "working" with Glassdoor to improve the company's reputation in the market.

Cons

A lot of bright, talented, ambitious, people walk into this place thinking it's too good to be true. It is. Six months, a year, two years later, they walk out feeling shell-shocked, demoralized, cynical, bitter, violated and grateful. Business decisions are based solely on emotions and favoritism. One's performance and contribution to the business has little to no effect on job security, upward mobility. Cronyism, favoritism and nepotism abound. People are literally pitted against one another, creating an environment of paranoia, insecurity and unease. The most satisfying part of your day is walking out the door at the end of a shift knowing at least part of your day won't be spent there.

Would be like telling the Captain of the Titanic to take a hard turn starboard. It's curious, why is the CEO & President not isn't listed here as the CEO? but rather, two of his subordinates? Standby, I'm sure the Employee Engagement Manager has a meaningful answer.

There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges