Leslie's Poolmart
www.lesliespool.com Phoenix, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Advancement Opportunities but, low pay

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAdvancement opportunities are abundant, especially if you are willing to relocate. They are the largest pool supply store in the world and are still expanding their brand. I started as an Assistant Manager and was promoted to Store Manager in just 7 months. Good resume starter for your management career.

ConsThe pay is low…Assistant Manager $10-$10.50 per hour and Store Manager is salaried at around $30,000-$35,000 to start. Incredibly slow in the off season which makes for long boring days just babysitting the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou certainly have an aggressive model for expansion by acquiring other pool supply stores and building new stores. How bout increase the pay at the local store level and you will be able to keep more talented people.

Lead Sales Associate

Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Leslie's Poolmart full-time for less than a year

Pros: A lot of hours available during the busy season (May-August). Cons: Hours quickly diminish mid August. A lot of turnover, seem to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Just terrible

Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Troy, MI

I worked at Leslie's Poolmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They will hire just about anyone Cons: Low pay. Upper management is completely incompetent. Lied to about pay raises. Lied to about promotions. I was told I would… Advice to Senior Management: You need to completely revise your business plan. The absolute best way to lose customers is by not having enough employees in the store during… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Leslie's Poolmart.

Worked for Leslie's Poolmart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leslie's Poolmart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Leslie's Poolmart CEO Lawrence H. Hayward. All reviews posted anonymously by Leslie's Poolmart employees.