Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies

There are newer employer reviews for Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies

Advancement Opportunities but, low pay

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Advancement opportunities are abundant, especially if you are willing to relocate. They are the largest pool supply store in the world and are still expanding their brand. I started as an Assistant Manager and was promoted to Store Manager in just 7 months. Good resume starter for your management career.

Cons

The pay is low…Assistant Manager $10-$10.50 per hour and Store Manager is salaried at around $30,000-$35,000 to start. Incredibly slow in the off season which makes for long boring days just babysitting the store.

You certainly have an aggressive model for expansion by acquiring other pool supply stores and building new stores. How bout increase the pay at the local store level and you will be able to keep more talented people.

103 Other Employee Reviews for Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies (View Most Recent)

Lead Sales Associate

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate

Pros

A lot of hours available during the busy season (May-August).

Cons

Hours quickly diminish mid August. A lot of turnover, seem to bring in a whole new staff minus store managers every summer.

Just terrible

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I worked at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They will hire just about anyone

Cons

Low pay. Upper management is completely incompetent. Lied to about pay raises. Lied to about promotions. I was told I would be getting 40 hours a week all year, but by winter was lucky to be working 20. Training is severely lacking.

You need to completely revise your business plan. The absolute best way to lose customers is by not having enough employees in the store during the busy season, and that was the theme at our location. We were not making enough money to work more than two people at a time, but we're not going to if customers are standing in a water test like for 20 minutes and then walking out. Quite frankly, this company is awful and I hope it goes under.

There are newer employer reviews for Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies