Not bad

Pros

This is a very easy job

Cons

This company has poor benefits

Other Employee Reviews for Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies

Cheap company with poor management makes it hard to keep employees

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job was pretty easy. When it was slow, we sat in the back of the store and talked, watched movies, ate, ect.

Cons

The company itself is dysfunctional and cheap. Our District Manager went around to all of his stores in the middle of Texas summer time and locked all of the air conditioners to 80 degrees, so it was sweltering inside of the store. This looks bad to customers, who did notice the uncomfortable temperature of the store. When we ran out of plastic shopping bags for customers, corporate would take forever sending us more, so customers had to carry their purchases out in their arms, which also looks bad. The music playing in the store is generic, unlicensed music who we suspected had to be one of the big wig's kids in a band, and it was horrid. Customers noticed that, too. Scheduling service calls was ridiculous, with delays up to two weeks before a tech could come out. After summer time, your hours would be cut to almost nothing (if you weren't let go), and if you wanted hours, you were expected to drive to other locations who were understaffed, some of which could be anywhere from 25 to 45 miles away from your location. The stores have a very difficult time keeping employees, which is most likely due to the fact that regular employees are underpaid, run around, receive no benefits (only management does), and are expected to work in poor conditions.

Advice to Management

Invest a little more in the people who run your stores and make your money. Don't allow upper management to treat employees like dirt, working in sweatshop conditions. Your customers notice the messed up things you do to them, the company, and its employees.

Long hours and NO help!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they pay decent hourly wages if your there for a while

Cons

expect no life! you work open to close and most of the time by yourself.

Advice to Management

The best advice I can give is if you have a family, look some where else. You will be working along days and a lot of 6-7 days weekly.