Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

www.leukemia-lymphoma.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Great work life balance, great management support, Great feedback

I have been working at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Pros

Lots of feedback on performance and suggestions, great leadership from my direct managers. Excellent work life balance!

Cons

Political Manuvering can be tricky, and I did not think it existed at this company, but it does!

I feel there are times when I am forced to apologize for behavior that was not my fault, yet I have to in order to keep the peace in these situations. Very frustrating.

118 Other Employee Reviews for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (View Most Recent)

Great place!

I have been working at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Pros

Mission driven: all employees are passionate about the cause, whether they have been affected by blood cancer or not. Very team oriented - employees help one another out!

Cons

Weekend hours and some long week nights, depending what campaign you are on. However, work-life balance is emphasized greatly. You work long hours one day, but you get to go home early the next, etc.

Extreme Highs and Lows

Former Employee - Campaign Manager
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager

I worked at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Pros

Organization mission - always felt they were doing right by the donations received and it was great working for something bigger than yourself
    Meeting patients/volunteers
    Decent salary for non-profits in the area
    Excellent benefits and PTO - quickly accumulated additional vacation time
    Position allowed for a flexible schedule and the opportunity to meet tons of new people
    Some ability for promotion, depending on chapter situation
    Great opportunity for younger employees to learn/improve upon a wide variety of skills, since you are responsible for all aspects of running your program

Cons

Home Office management seemed to turn away from serious issues at the chapter level
    Goals seemed to continually be increased in unrealistic increments, year-to-year, leading to a high-stress environment
    Occasional night/weekend work, though you could generally flex hours, depending
    Highly affected by the economy - charitable donations tend to be one of the first expenses people cut

Take into consideration the concerns of chapter-level staff when a serious issue is brought to your attention. It saddens me to think of the people still being affected by what I dealt with, management-wise, even after employees were proactive enough to risk reporting the situation.

In general, I do think it can be a great opportunity, especially for younger people, to learn a lot and take away an appreciation for the non-profit community. Continue developing new, innovative and creative ways for staff to help raise funds and get the word out about LLS. It is still one of the best kept secrets in non-profit health organizations.

There are newer employer reviews for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society