Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Fundraiser in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Pros

Great work environment! Everyone is very friendly and wants to help out one another. I appreciate the work enviroment- it is almost all female and everyone is there for the right reason. To work this job you have to agree with the mission, because that is what makes this position worthwhile. Although the pay is low, the person reward is great. This job is fantastic and anyone who takes it will not regret their decision!

Cons

Low pay for the location.

Keep allowing fundraisers to do what they do best.

107 Other Employee Reviews for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (View Most Recent)

the pros and cons of non-prof work

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Pros

The best reason to work for LLS is that you'll get a chance to work with wonderful patients and their families as well as amazing donors/fundraisers. I also loved most of my coworkers - we formed deep bonds from being in so many good and bad situations, and for LONG hours. In the end, I'm glad that I was able to make a difference in the lives of our patients.

Cons

Senior staff in the Bay Area offices are not at all connected with the Campaign Managers or anyone at a lower level, so they have absolutely no idea how much time and effort we put into our jobs. There were times when I worked 20-25 days in a row...then when I asked to take a day off, the answer was no.

But, by far, the worst part of working for LLS is losing patients to cancer...especially when those patients have become friends.

Senior Management in NY needs to pay closer attention to the feedback from the "on the ground" staff in the chapter offices. Unfortunately, the senior staff in a given chapter office are usually adept at "snowing" the senior management from the home office.

Fantastic organizatioN!

I have been working at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great mission, good staff and volunteers...producing results!

Cons

Need more volunteers to support mission!

There are newer employer reviews for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society