Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

www.leukemia-lymphoma.org
  www.leukemia-lymphoma.org
There are newer employer reviews for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Great mission, but not many opportunities for growth"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Campaign Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society full-time

Pros

Fun coworkers, a great mission, and working with an inspiring group of volunteers and honorees on a daily basis.

Cons

Not many opportunities to advance your career, work schedules often conflicted with work/life balance (working nights and weekends), and a high-turnover rate.

Promote more often internally and take more time to invest in current employees career development and maybe the turnover rate would decrease.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (View Most Recent)

great place to volunteer and work

Former Employee - Campaign Assistant  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Campaign Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society full-time for less than a year

Pros

open and friendly work environment, flexible time off, help you to grow and willing to help you move up in your career. I started as a volunteer and was later hired full-time.

Cons

Did not always set clear expectations and job descriptions or who should report to who

Have a clear job description and outline of expectations, as well as who to report to

Sucked the living daylights out of me.

Current Employee - Campaign Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Campaign Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best reasons I can think of is its mission and those staff who work at the bottom (assistants, interns and temps) are truly genuine.

Cons

I have way too much to say here. MICROMANAGING AT ITS WORST. First off, they let people go for no reason, have you sign a contract to confirm that you quit on your own so they don't have to pay you unemployment and WILL NOT give you a reason as to why they let you go. Secondly, they have no respect for their staff. The entire organization was jewish women, no offense but where is the DIVERSITY? and finally, they instill such fear in you that you lose all your confidence and passion for working in nonprofits. I had a horrible experience at the Red Cross but this place topped it off. DO NOT WORK HERE.

STOP micromanaging, diversify your org, and HAVE A HEART FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES.

There are newer employer reviews for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Worked for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society? Contribute to the Community!