Great people, poorly trained low-mid level managers.

Former Employee - Software Engineer II  in  Broomfield, CO
Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Level 3 Communications

Pros

Great peers. The people I worked with were very knowledgeable in their areas of expertise. I would have like to stay longer just because of these people.

Cons

Lower to mid-level management is very poor. Politics play more of a role in promotions/raises/bonuses than performance.

I think that training needs to be given to management of individual teams. People are not promoted for the right reasons, managers do not work to understand how an employee wants their career to progress. I would very much have liked to stay with Level 3, but after nearly 3 years (and 6 managers) I couldn't handle the disappointments with management any longer.

Other Reviews for Level 3 Communications

You just never know what's going to happen

Current Employee - Planning  in  Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Planning in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros

Beautiful campus and area. Great benefits package

Cons

You come to work with a feeling of "Is this my last day"?

Maintain a consistent course of direction. Rather than adding and consistent change

Level 3 see-saw

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer  in  Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros

The best reason to work for level 3 communications is the cafeteria. Just kidding, level 3 is a company that has struggled, but appears to be on the right track. Level 3 has posted smaller losses and has been cash flow positive for the 1st 2 qtrs of 08. Level 3 may have a lot of debt and some significant challenges coming up, but is a good company with great potential.

Cons

Did a poor job initially of completing merger with aquired companies in 07 thru 08. there has been a push to correct the issues with standard interval for delivery of services, and internally there has been a lot of effort to address issues with order entry, and network managment.

keep on keepin on.

There are newer employer reviews for Level 3 Communications.

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!