Level 3 Communications
www.level3.com Broomfield, CO 5000+ Employees

A shooting star that lost it's shine!

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Broomfield, CO

ProsLeading edge technology; Very bright engineers; Easy to work with peers and other EOs. Good benefits. Great campus location. Compensation package was very decent to start with. Level 3 was a company that prided itself on finding the brightest talent to work in a positive and collaborative environment. There was a time when it was both challenging and fun to go to work each day. Alas, no more.

ConsLack of recognition and reward. Management does not slow down enough to recognize solid performers in necessary but unglamorous roles. Promotions (like in a lot of companies) are heavy on relationship with management chain and less on best candidate.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeclare bankruptcy to remove the burden of debt. Focus on doing few things well.

Level 3... take it or leave it.

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros: Level 3 is flexible with work and personal life. From what I can tell there is little to no Type A (aggressive, high-strung) atmosphere. Most… Cons: The debt looming on the company's balance sheets. It has the typical large company bureaucracy.… Advice to Senior Management: Spend less on middle management, systems, and equipment and more… More

Don't write Level 3's epitaph yet-- there's still time to right this ship

Senior Architect (IT) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros: I've worked at Level 3 for many years and believe that the caliber of employees is remarkably high. Our products and services are… Cons: Yes, Level 3 is in a precarious position due to the amount of leverage on our books. However, we are also victims of a… Advice to Senior Management: Keep focus on simplifying processes and systems, don't dismiss in-house expertise that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Level 3 Communications.

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Level 3 Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Level 3 Communications CEO Jeff Storey. All reviews posted anonymously by Level 3 Communications employees.