There are newer employer reviews for Level 3 Communications

A revolving door of humans

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Level 3 Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Time off, nice coworkers, and work downtown.

Cons

Force the best out, keeps the mediocre, and fires the rest. Great Business model. It keeps employee wages down I guess. $65 a month for parking.

Keep the people you have even if they are the best. Just give them a raise.

461 Other Employee Reviews for Level 3 Communications (View Most Recent)

Company Assessment

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Level 3 Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Level 3 offers flexible work hours, competitive compensation, and intellectually stimulating work. Most of the colleagues I work with at the middle management layer are well educated, smart, and committed to performance excellence. I believe top management is trying to do the right things and make good decisions on behalf of the business and its employees.

Cons

While the company offers flexible work hours it is challenging to achieve work-life balance. Every year, the goals seem to get more aggressive than the one before, while budgets and headcount stay flat or only slightly increase as we continuously struggle to achieve profitability. These hyper-aggressive goals lead to employee burn-out, performance evaluations that create an unhealthy, internal competition as teams and individuals point to each other as the reason for not achieving their unrealistic objectives, which ultimately leads to fear of being managed out of your current position or worse - fired.

Slow down. We can keep our foot on the gas while shifting into low gear to reduce wear and tear on employees (especially in organizations such as Marketing where there has been constant shuffling, management turnover and a fundamental lack of appreciaton for what this team is being asked to do after years of neglect). We're still trying to do to many things at once and not doing any one thing exceptionally well.

Great place to learn and understand an ISP environment

Current Employee - Intern - Network Operations  in  Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Intern - Network Operations in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Level 3 Communications as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, promote learning but depends on the team you work with.

Cons

Upper management has a great role to play in employment. Uncompetitive pay and unreliable in decision making.

There are newer employer reviews for Level 3 Communications

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!