Level 3 Communications

www.level3.com

May or may not a good place to work depending on where you are in the company...until their next round of layoffs.

Former Employee - Senior Architect  in  Broomfield, CO
Former Employee - Senior Architect in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Above grade pay. Good benefits. Great location.

Cons

Top heavy with mountains of upwardly mobile manager/vp wannabe's. Lots of management with too few architects and engineers. Now outsourcing to india. This leading to eroding technical competency.

Many vertical fiefdoms have arisen, leading to pillars of incompetence with no where to turn for problem resolution. In some cases teams were taken en mass from acquired companies.

Technical criticism, regardless of merit, leads to employee's not being 'team players' , and thus fodder for the next round of layoffs.

Less project managers and Directors, VP's, more end to end architects who understand the products and technical challenges the company faces. Your powerpoint presentation isn't getting work done.

Other reviews for Level 3 Communications

Working for L3 Management at this site is why I'm leaving the company.

Current Employee - LEP Screener
    Current Employee - LEP Screener

Pros

Good money, but not comparable to the field. It's a great entry level stepping stone to better things, if you can suffer through being scolded like a child for someone else's screw-ups.

Cons

Management doesn't communicate with employees effectively. Management has control issues over every detail in your life- Why do I have to ask my regional manager to if I can scan a personal document to send to my wife? Management treats all employees like idiot children and uses mass punishment when someone screws up - It's like you're in the military which we are not - but management has forgotten that.

Replace your management with competent people. The site I'm at is losing about six out of ten people due to the control, micromanagement, and military mentality of their leadership team here.

Jim should retire and LVLT should do a fire sale to a carrier that can actually turn a profit.

Current Employee - Director  in  Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Location and campus, benefits were pretty good and opportunities for training.

Cons

Very political, incompetent managers promoting and protecting themselves while laying off the good hard workers if they don't kiss up to them.

Complete overhaul from the top.

There are newer employer reviews for Level 3 Communications.

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!