Level 3 Communications
www.level3.com Broomfield, CO 5000+ Employees

May or may not a good place to work depending on where you are in the company...until their next round of layoffs.

Senior Architect (Former Employee)
Broomfield, CO

ProsAbove grade pay. Good benefits. Great location.

ConsTop heavy with mountains of upwardly mobile manager/vp wannabe's. Lots of management with too few architects and engineers. Now outsourcing to india. This leading to eroding technical competency.

Many vertical fiefdoms have arisen, leading to pillars of incompetence with no where to turn for problem resolution. In some cases teams were taken en mass from acquired companies.

Technical criticism, regardless of merit, leads to employee's not being 'team players' , and thus fodder for the next round of layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess project managers and Directors, VP's, more end to end architects who understand the products and technical challenges the company faces. Your powerpoint presentation isn't getting work done.

Working for L3 Management at this site is why I'm leaving the company.

LEP Screener (Current Employee)

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros: Good money, but not comparable to the field. It's a great entry level stepping stone to… Cons: Management doesn't communicate with employees effectively. Management has control issues over every detail in your life- Why do I have to ask my regional manager… Advice to Senior Management: Replace your management with competent people. The site I'm at is losing about six out… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

great pay, but watch your back

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Level 3 Communications

Pros: decent network, good pay, nice corporate campus Cons: got laid off with no warning. very poor engineering staff, not interested in making sales. sales managers micromanage sales funnels. arrogant product… Advice to Senior Management: create a sales atmosphere, not an engineering driven one. give engineers a quota for sales they work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Level 3 Communications.

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Level 3 Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Level 3 Communications CEO Jeff Storey. All reviews posted anonymously by Level 3 Communications employees.