Level 3 Communications
www.level3.com Broomfield, CO 5000+ Employees

Great Benefits, Unreasonable Expectations

Broomfield, CO

ProsBenefits are good. Deductibles are low, work out at work. People are great, for the most part.

ConsThe new program of bringing in people through the academy is not well thought out. Training once you're in rotation is slim and you have to pick things up on your own. Not exactly a recipe for success.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain people better. The academy is a good idea, but training people for the position they are moving into in a deeper way is much more important. Especially when you're bringing in people who have never worked a day in the telcom industry.

There are many other good places to work

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Level 3 Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Much learning opportunities for people who does not have experience. Cons: Too many to say.. The industry is declining, they can't cover the decline in margin with their revenue growth, so the only way to go… Advice to Senior Management: Nothing I can say.... even when I was working in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Level3 was a growing company with lots of potential.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Level 3 Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good pay and good benefits. Cons: Too many layoffs and many reorganizations.. More
There are newer reviews on Level 3 Communications.

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Level 3 Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Level 3 Communications CEO Jeff Storey. All reviews posted anonymously by Level 3 Communications employees.