Level 3 Communications
www.level3.com Broomfield, CO 5000+ Employees

Meh. Lay me off now please.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros1. Proximity to home.
2. My seniority for vacation time (28 days now).
3. Work life balance that I've been able to keep so far (see how long it lasts).
4. Hey, it's better than indentured servitude at a small company that can't afford short term disability, basic benefits or any paid time off at all. :-)
5. I would say decent pay, but that's quickly eroding.

Cons1. The culture is highly political and meaningful change is almost impossible due to top heavy org with little true leadership appetite for change. The management team must demonstrate their buy in for change if they really want it. Protecting "fifedoms" comes first.
2. "Leaders" who know nothing about true leadership and management practice.
3. A really whacked out review process with horrible bonus payout structure.
4. The more things "change" the more they stay frustratingly the same. Every re-org is a reshuffling of the same incompetent deck.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a re-evaluation of what really is critical to make this company survive then thrive and stick with it.

You feel like you run through a maze blindfolded

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros: For the most part, people are down to Earth there Decent… Cons: everyone complains, but does nothing about it Nobody takes responsibility, they… Advice to Senior Management: Listen a little more to your employees. You seem to do whatever you want… More

Warning: Intense Reality Distortion Field May Harm Your Career

Software Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros: 1) My job has strong technical challenges 2) Unlimited work opportunity for people… Cons: (very compressed list) 1) Continual political posturing and infighting between groups makes work hard 2) Work-day motto could easily be: None of us are as dumb as… Advice to Senior Management: Please treat your employees as a truly valuable resource instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Level 3 Communications.

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Level 3 Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Level 3 Communications CEO Jeff Storey. All reviews posted anonymously by Level 3 Communications employees.