Level 3 Communications
www.level3.com Broomfield, CO 5000+ Employees

Level 3 see-saw

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee)
Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

ProsThe best reason to work for level 3 communications is the cafeteria. Just kidding, level 3 is a company that has struggled, but appears to be on the right track. Level 3 has posted smaller losses and has been cash flow positive for the 1st 2 qtrs of 08. Level 3 may have a lot of debt and some significant challenges coming up, but is a good company with great potential.

ConsDid a poor job initially of completing merger with aquired companies in 07 thru 08. there has been a push to correct the issues with standard interval for delivery of services, and internally there has been a lot of effort to address issues with order entry, and network managment.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on keepin on.

Level 3

Director (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros: Great network, the biggest, fastest IP network in the world. Level 3 is the Internet! The network is in all… Cons: Senior management has a hard time making important strategic decisions, suffers from poor communication skills and is counting on integration of applications and tools to… Advice to Senior Management: Hire outside people, promote from within ... move people around… More

Defense Contractor's don't really care which employer they work for...

Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros: The customers. Working in the Defense Sector is great because you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. Most people don't get to see what… Cons: Because I work for a Military organization, I know very little about L-3 proper. I am more concerned about my customer and our mission than… Advice to Senior Management: Hello, remember me? I'm the guy who has helped you become one of the largest defense contractors in the country, come see me and say… More

There are newer reviews on Level 3 Communications.

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Level 3 Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Level 3 Communications CEO Jeff Storey. All reviews posted anonymously by Level 3 Communications employees.