Level 3 Communications
www.level3.com Broomfield, CO 5000+ Employees

What are you doing?

Technical Analyst (Former Employee)
Broomfield, CO

ProsThe knowledge and education of the people working there seems to be above most places. There are plenty of opportunities within the company since it is constantly changing. I have scored morale high since I liked working there, but I know the morale hasn't been that way with others still working there recently. Management tends to treat employees respectfully and treat them like professionals.

ConsLevel 3 seems like often times that it is changing too much without having any processes in place. One side of the company doesn't know what the other is doing. Process improvement is needed and documentation of that process is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the left hand knows what the right hand is doing before making decisions. Sales are often selling products and making promises before knowing if the products can be developed.

Too many chiefs.

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Level 3 Communications

Pros: Great products, services and engineers. The software engineers and technicians working on the products and services are top notch. The top level technical… Cons: The issue with managment is that is was built from the remnants of low cost providers, construction industry employees and PTT/LEC vetrans. There… Advice to Senior Management: They don't take advice. Any input, relevant, valuable, etc.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good, if you can play the game

Human Resources Cog (Current Employee)

I have been working at Level 3 Communications

Pros: Benefits packages are very good; bonuses can be good if… Cons: You can't succeed unless you play the political game and CONSTANTLY market yourself. If you are the type to let your work "speak for… Advice to Senior Management: Value your people beyond giving lipservice to them. If you invest in your workforce, they'll invest in you. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Level 3 Communications.

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Level 3 Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Level 3 Communications CEO Jeff Storey. All reviews posted anonymously by Level 3 Communications employees.