Leverage Marketing

theleverageway.com

A waste of time

Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsOriginally, working at Leverage seemed to be promising as the company was growing and my direct manager expressed the need to hire people who could take the company to the next level and create a culture to sustain success.

ConsAs a salesperson, the most disheartening con is the poor customer service/account management. In short, I lost over half of my clients sold before they even billed, and each case clearly pointed to dropped balls by the department we handed off to after it was sold.

The root cause of all downsides related to the VP in charge of operations. This person was in way over their head and to compensate for their shortcomings and complete lack of people skills, they would institute boiler-room type management - required to make high volume dials from a database of aged leads that had been purchased a year before they were given to the salespeople... rather than allowing salespeople to research to make intelligent calls. Salespeople with a history of success were given no respect by this VP who appeared to have little meaningful experience prior to this role, but I suspect he padded his resume based on his bio on the company website, using words repetitively like "vast" and "countless" to describe his experiences and skills at 25... this is not to say that a 25 year old couldn't be qualified, but this one clearly had a complex counter to sound management - and most every employee was stumped as to why the owner of the company could be so hoodwinked by this person unless he had some blackmail-worthy scoop on him.

As far as the company's vision, it was too limited as a traditional google adwords agency paid a percentage of adwords spend and unless they changed their service offering to address the burgeoning social sites, it would go out of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to owners now while there is some (any?) value to a company/people who have the strategy and management expertise to keep and grow the client base.

A challenging yet empowering work experience

Senior SEM Consultant (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Leverage Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros: Employees are fun and down to earth, which causes the atmosphere to be not only productive but engaging. Management encourages… Cons: When my sales manager made a mistake on a contract that directly affected my pay, I brought this to his attention and to… Advice to Senior Management: How you respond to employee complaints directly affects the morale of your workforce. Considering the difficulty of service-based phone sales, it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

An energetic, growth oriented entrepreneurial environment for A players

Business Development Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Leverage Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros: Leverage Marketing is going places. Company re-booted about 18 months ago. Procedures put in place to win and manage business. New offices coming… Cons: If you don't produce you'll get cut. If you don't want… Advice to Senior Management: Keep your foot on the gas. Keep the whole… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Leverage Marketing.

Worked for Leverage Marketing? Contribute to the Community!