Leverage Marketing

A waste of time

Former Employee - Business Development Consultant in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Business Development Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Leverage Marketing

Pros

Originally, working at Leverage seemed to be promising as the company was growing and my direct manager expressed the need to hire people who could take the company to the next level and create a culture to sustain success.

Cons

As a salesperson, the most disheartening con is the poor customer service/account management. In short, I lost over half of my clients sold before they even billed, and each case clearly pointed to dropped balls by the department we handed off to after it was sold.

The root cause of all downsides related to the VP in charge of operations. This person was in way over their head and to compensate for their shortcomings and complete lack of people skills, they would institute boiler-room type management - required to make high volume dials from a database of aged leads that had been purchased a year before they were given to the salespeople... rather than allowing salespeople to research to make intelligent calls. Salespeople with a history of success were given no respect by this VP who appeared to have little meaningful experience prior to this role, but I suspect he padded his resume based on his bio on the company website, using words repetitively like "vast" and "countless" to describe his experiences and skills at 25... this is not to say that a 25 year old couldn't be qualified, but this one clearly had a complex counter to sound management - and most every employee was stumped as to why the owner of the company could be so hoodwinked by this person unless he had some blackmail-worthy scoop on him.

As far as the company's vision, it was too limited as a traditional google adwords agency paid a percentage of adwords spend and unless they changed their service offering to address the burgeoning social sites, it would go out of business.

Sell the company to owners now while there is some (any?) value to a company/people who have the strategy and management expertise to keep and grow the client base.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Leverage Marketing (View Most Recent)

A collaborative environment for driving success

Current Employee - PPC Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - PPC Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Leverage Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been at Leverage for nearly a year, and it's basically a collection of people dedicated to the success of the company, and the success of its clients. While everyone puts in full-time hours, the company is very flexible with scheduling, allowing work from home or other remote locations, as well as working alternative schedules, when necessary. Everyone brings important skills to the table, and everyone is willing to work together for success. I feel comfortable going to any colleague for advice or to collaborate on solutions for clients.

Cons

You have to be able to thrive in ambiguity. Sometimes you have to be willing to scrap everything you've done and approach things from an entirely new perspective. Not for people who don't have a passion to continually learn and grow. Temporarily without a physical office (should be resolved in the coming months).

As the company continues to grow, make sure to find ways to prioritize a collaborative atmosphere and avoid (or at least limit) compartmentalization.

A challenging yet empowering work experience

Former Employee - Senior SEM Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior SEM Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Leverage Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are fun and down to earth, which causes the atmosphere to be not only productive but engaging. Management encourages a lot of discussion and openness, so you feel that you are on equal terms with your superiors in many ways.

Cons

When my sales manager made a mistake on a contract that directly affected my pay, I brought this to his attention and to our company head. The company, however, refused to compensate me at the appropriate level, and 5 - 6 months later I was let go.

How you respond to employee complaints directly affects the morale of your workforce. Considering the difficulty of service-based phone sales, it is important that your sales team is constantly encouraged and reminded that their efforts will bear all the fruit promised to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Leverage Marketing