Levi Strauss

www.levistrauss.com
  www.levistrauss.com
There are newer employer reviews for Levi Strauss

Too many transitions to gain any traction

Current Employee - Mid Level Management
Current Employee - Mid Level Management

I have been working at Levi Strauss

Pros

people. casual workplace. creative energy.

Cons

shifts in org, leadership, business strategies. so much that it's impossible to gain ground professionally. many re-orgs leave employees deflated, unempowered and fatigued.

pick a lane and stay in it. drive the ship with confidence. own it. get rid of the self inflated hipsters that believe they have all the answers. listen to your core consumers and go back to the basic fundamentals that made this company amazing.

401 Other Employee Reviews for Levi Strauss (View Most Recent)

Average retail.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Levi Strauss part-time

Pros

The customers tend to be higher-end, so they're often easier to work with; the flipside is you get entitled jerks who think they can be rude to retail workers. There's pretty good flexibility if you're going to school.

Cons

Depends completely on management. Even within stores, how well your shift goes depends on who you're working under that day. Workers have to get used to quirks or specific complaints of whoever the shift lead is.

By far, worst company to work for

Former Employee - Supervisor in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Irvine, CA

I worked at Levi Strauss full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The customers made it worth while, loved hearing how they grew up with Levi's and how they took care of them.
    Also loved my stylist team, we all got along really well.

Cons

This company is so chaotic and is by far, the worst retail company I've ever worked for. Upper management lacks any kind of professionalism. Store managers are uneducated, gossip, and overall don't know how to effectively manage a store. Extremely low pay. Rarely received a lunch break, and was forced to work multiple 12 hour days. Not flexible with school at all. I would rather be unemployed, and homeless, than work for this company. Jeans are way overpriced. I used to love Levi's and everything that it standed for, but not now. I will not ever shop at any Levi's location ever again. Almost impossible to move up in this company, but why would anyone even want to? DM's are cut throat and belittle everyone at any chance they get. Things are only getting worse, Levi's needs to realize that they can't keep treating people the way they do. It's all too political too. SM'sill talk very negatively about their DM's, however, speak with them often to gossip about the store.

Require a bachelor's degree to run a store, not just a high school diploma. Upper management needs to get their heads out of their asses and actually become involved in stores nationwide, not just in San Francisco. Levi's is on a slippery slope right now, moral is at an all time low, associates are demotivated.

There are newer employer reviews for Levi Strauss