Amazing Internship experience at Levis Strauss & Co

Former Employee - Product Development Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Product Development Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Levi Strauss as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There is no coffee getting or dry cleaning at this internship! The internship was over a 10 week period during the summer. I got to work on a multitude of projects not only in my department but also with the other interns. We had in-depth meetings with the major leaders of the brand as well as with the CEO. This was an amazing opportunity and I definitely would be interested in working there when I graduate.

Cons

They were not able to offer any jobs at the end of the internship unlike other years.

Other Reviews for Levi Strauss

Exciting and Fast Paced

Current Employee - Stylist  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Stylist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Levi Strauss part-time for less than a year

Pros

The managers are great, and it's a company with a rich history with not only their jeans, but their past.

Cons

If you like a slow enviroment, then definitely look for a different job. This is fast paced and you're constant moving

Once great company is a disaster under the latest CEO... major exodus underway in all divisions!

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Levi Strauss full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Wear jeans to work
    - An amazing brand to work with
    - Lots of jobs in San Francisco, a great city to live in

Cons

- CEO needs to learn humility. We hear he bullies people into staying with the company instead of inspiring them to do so. Lower ranks never seem him-- he has his own elevator even. Very slow decision-maker on a steep learning curve - it's his first CEO gig. Few all-employee meetings and the rank-and-file are treated like we are expendable. Long-term incentive plan just eliminated for us. Lack of apparel expertise at senior levels.
    - Constant revolving door of leaders and "strategies" which are usually just recycled slogans. Very slow decision-making. Dilbert-like work environment where they rename things and act like it's something totally new when it's the same stuff, new name.
    - What's left of HR is useless... you call an 800 number and talk to someone in India who doesn't know you or the company. We get a new objective form every day (3 so far this year). You have to think of new ways to say "improve the business" even though the company hasn't grown in 15 years.
    - IT is a big mess, our computers never work, we are still on Windows XP and the "help desk" usually doesn't.

Stop wearing your management-only bowling shirts, driving your Porches and Maserati's and do this brand and this company justice. It's a soul sucking experience working here and you need to stop looking in the mirror and start actually helping those of us who really do the work.

There are newer employer reviews for Levi Strauss.

Worked for Levi Strauss? Contribute to the Community!