Levy Home Entertainment
www.levybooks.com Melrose Park, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good people, good management talent, unfortunately follow through and commitment is lacking.

Analyst (Current Employee)
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

ProsFamily atmosphere. The CEO knows everyone by first name. She makes a point of saying hello to and good morning to everyone she sees. There is a good sense of commradere and coworkers are friendly and supportive. There is good communication of overall goals and overall strategy of the organization. There is a huge diverse talent pool at Levy. CEO, Carol Kloster believes on emphasizing and recognizing all successes in the organization.

ConsStrategy and implementation seem to change with whichever way the wind is blowing. Many good programs and inspirational initiatives have been started, however, there seems to be a failure in follow through and commitment from all levels of management. For example, all employees were trained on the 7 habits of becoming an effective manager. However, there was no reinforcement of the ideas or follow ups after the 3 day training seminars. A great deal of time and money spent on training with no visible results.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through on initiatives. Challenge management to work with frontline and corporate staff to identify our challenges and our attempts to address them. What are our successes? What are our failures? What have we learned from both?

Levy Merchandiser Position offers flexible schedule

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Levy Home Entertainment

Pros: The part time merchandiser position offers flexible hours, independent working conditions, and has… Cons: There is not always enough time allotted for store assignments. The need to enter reports, inventories, etc... at home while not being compensated… Advice to Senior Management: Compensate employees for time spent off the clock entering perpetual inventories, filling out questionnaires, reading through the piles of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Low stress job with a degree of satisfaction at the end of the day.

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
    Madison, WI

I have been working at Levy Home Entertainment

Pros: Levy Home Entertainment is a great company to work for. Just do your job and do it right and management leaves you to your… Cons: Yearly raise less than 25 cents per hour. The "Suppose to be scenarios" (layouts, planograms, etc.) usually don't materialize… Advice to Senior Management: Use of technology needs improvement. Ordering system is somewhat antiquated. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Levy Home Entertainment.

Worked for Levy Home Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Levy Home Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Levy Home Entertainment CEO Carol Kloster. All reviews posted anonymously by Levy Home Entertainment employees.