Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard

www.lbbslaw.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard

Below market pay relative to size, but consistent with competitors. Good work-life balance.

Current Employee - Associate
Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard full-time

Pros

People are generally very nice and not overly demanding. The size of the firm allows access to several exemplars which helps speed up research.

Cons

Salary is low relative to firms of a similar size and bonuses are likewise small -- incentivizes completing minimum billables.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard (View Most Recent)

Low pay, unkept promises and what have you done for me lately attitude from management.

Former Employee - Associate Attorney
    Former Employee - Associate Attorney

I worked at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large firm means you may get to work on some decent cases, but work environment and morale is horrible. Made some good friends at LBBS, but most like me are long gone. The ones that remain either have no other options or drank the Kool Aid.

Cons

Management at our office was horrible and cheap. Quality of work didn't really matter as much as billables. When billables were reached, compensation structure was changed. Turnover high. Told several times if you don't like it here I have a desk full of resumes. Support staff was hamstrung with rules designed to prevent overtime. I assistant to 4 attorneys and constant secretarial changes made it difficult to get things done without doing it yourself. The entire office of 30+ attorneys had to share one copy of Rules of Civ Pro and Jury Instructions. If you needed a publication to be purchased you had to buy it on your own. Surprisingly cheap for very large firm.

The firm's goal is expansion by poaching small firms or practice groups in desired markets. They are cheap to keep firm in the black and allow expansion. They care only about profit. Surprisingly, it doesn't matter if you're an associate or partner if you don't agree with their business philosophy your advancement will be limited and you will be pushed out.

All talk, no action, high stress on purpose.

I worked at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard

Pros

None - unless you really have a desire to sell your soul...

Cons

Inadequate systems to handle record keeping. Poor management. No leadership. Lies and backstabbing coomonplace. NO regard for employees or morale. The Wal-Mart of law firms.

Pull your head out of your rear. You treat your employees horribly. If you were in any other business other than fleecing the large insurance companies, you would not last. Your business practices are immoral and evil. I don't think you have the capacity to understand how truly vile you are.

There are newer employer reviews for Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard