Lexington Medical Center
www.lexmed.com West Columbia, SC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Nurse Manager

Nurse Manager (Current Employee)
West Columbia, SC

ProsLMC is a wonderful organization with gross opportunities and healthy financials. They care about their patients and their employees. Their HR department is professional, fair and engaged in employee and employee issues. It feels good to be a part of such a growing, community oriented organization.

The onsite daycare is amazing and was the initial reason i wanted to come to LMC.

ConsTop management refuses to deal with poor performers, gross negligence or sheer incompetence. With the job market the way it is, tenure should mean nothing when people are lazy and/or incompetent. Audits and visibility to real issue are difficult to pinpoint, but even when they are voiced, and proven true, nothing is done about it. Unfortunately, this creates unnecessary frustration and takes away from us caring completely for our patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to get out of their office and interact with the employees - walk the floors, engage in conversation (with employees not just visitors), join in on staff meetings and help lead this fiscally strong organization. We all want to feel needed and appreciated, and while raises and bonuses are wonderful, recognition for a good job goes a long way. Sr. management is known for being bullies, which is futile and uncalled for.

Senior management also needs to establish some corporate goals and articulate them to all of us employees. We want to help and feel that our efforts are purposed and focused on the right priorities, but few (if any) know what those should be (corporately, that is).

It's ok...

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lexington Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits, pay is somewhat decent but they need to… Cons: If your not a VP or someone high on the food chain, your nothing to the company. Way too political. The management doesn't… Advice to Senior Management: Realize that your employees - the ones you walk on everyday- are the ones who make this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

So far, the workplace environment seems very friendly and professional.

Revenue Cycle Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lexington Medical Center full-time

Pros: Large organization, seems like a lot of room for advancement. Cons: I have not experienced any problems so far, but I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lexington Medical Center.

Worked for Lexington Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lexington Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lexington Medical Center CEO Mike Biediger. All reviews posted anonymously by Lexington Medical Center employees.