Lexington Medical Center

There are newer employer reviews for Lexington Medical Center

rn

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbia, SC
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbia, SC

I worked at Lexington Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

secure workplace. small a long time ago. close to home. good opportunities for learning and saw lots of different health issues, learned a great deal.

Cons

The locator devices did not help with employee morale. Busy work environment, not always well staffed, often required to do your job and others.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Lexington Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Environmental services/Housekeeping

Current Employee - Enviremental Assitant in West Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Enviremental Assitant in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at Lexington Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there really isn't a lot of pros. But there is always overtime if you ever need some extra money and the health insurance is fantastic. Along with vacation time.

Cons

One of the biggest cons in the housekeeping / environmental services department is the floor equipment. We don't have almost anything to work with. We have 2 ride on floor scrubbers that have been broken for months and they have still yet to fix them. We currently only have 3 working side by side buffers. 2 that are 30 years old or older. And also no proper carpet care equipment. They expect us to do fantastic work when we have almost nothing to work with. Its very frustrating. There is also a lot of favoritism in the department along with politics & nothing you ever do is good enough. The hospital is constantly upgrading various equipment in the the hospital whether its for patients or not. But when it comes to environmental services they never have any budget for it.

Administration and management. Stop turning a blind eye to our department. Get us some proper equipment to work with. A hospital of this magnitude should have floors that shine like glass. And carpet that is spotless.

Nurse Manager

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in West Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Nurse Manager in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at Lexington Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LMC is a wonderful organization with gross opportunities and healthy financials. They care about their patients and their employees. Their HR department is professional, fair and engaged in employee and employee issues. It feels good to be a part of such a growing, community oriented organization.

The onsite daycare is amazing and was the initial reason i wanted to come to LMC.

Cons

Top management refuses to deal with poor performers, gross negligence or sheer incompetence. With the job market the way it is, tenure should mean nothing when people are lazy and/or incompetent. Audits and visibility to real issue are difficult to pinpoint, but even when they are voiced, and proven true, nothing is done about it. Unfortunately, this creates unnecessary frustration and takes away from us caring completely for our patients.

Senior management needs to get out of their office and interact with the employees - walk the floors, engage in conversation (with employees not just visitors), join in on staff meetings and help lead this fiscally strong organization. We all want to feel needed and appreciated, and while raises and bonuses are wonderful, recognition for a good job goes a long way. Sr. management is known for being bullies, which is futile and uncalled for.

Senior management also needs to establish some corporate goals and articulate them to all of us employees. We want to help and feel that our efforts are purposed and focused on the right priorities, but few (if any) know what those should be (corporately, that is).

There are newer employer reviews for Lexington Medical Center