LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Going steadily downhill

Former Employee - Manager in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Family/work life balance; some very dedicated employees, managers and even a few senior managers go the extra mile consistently to make sure a quality product is delivered. The time off and encouragement to be involved in the community in volunteer activities is rare among large corporations. There are also a few managers and senior managers who really care about providing the best quality product to the customer and the best workplace environment to employees.

Cons

These dedicated employees and managers are seldom recognized or rewarded and are becoming more and more rare as a brain drain is taking place. As expected, the reorganization under the new CEO is leading to a brain drain and people are leaving for various reasons. A large percentage of these are the ones who really gave their all to the company. All too often senior management throws almost insurmountable obstacles in the way by rushing a product to market before it is fully debugged or setting impossible financial goals. There is even less recognition of good performance than in the past and the focus senior management showed in the past on boosting employee morale - which common sense says will improve the bottom line - is just about gone. The show appears to be run by people with severe cases of ADHD - there is constant reorganization and the vision/direction of the business seems to change as fast as the weather.

Establish a vision and the path to that vision and stick to it. Changing something just because it hasn't shown remarkable results in three months is counterproductive. Be more attentive to your employees - they want to respect you, want to work hard for you but, with such feeble and vacuous leadership - the decision to push for quantity rather than quality in products - employees feel pulled in a hundred directions and find it hard to feel pride in producing inferior products.

721 Other Employee Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional (View Most Recent)

It added immensely to my resume being a big company, but overall, I think the company is stagnant in terms of growth.

Current Employee - Intern in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Intern in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Great team environment.
    The managers were extremely helpful.
    I learned a lot of new things and technologies which greatly added towards my resume.
    Loved the flexibility in terms of work.
    My suggestions were welcome and loved the environment of my team.

Cons

There's very less progress.
    There's no chance for international employees to get hired full time.
    They cannot hire if there's no permanent work authorization.
    The higher level management often takes the wrong decisions and then spends time amending them.
    Quality is often traded off for cost effectiveness.
    Work is often inter mingled with off shore deliverables, but they never get done because of over commitment.

I wish the higher level management can amend its policies to recruit international students full time. All the learning during an internship is a definite asset to the company and cannot be let go.

who you know not what you know

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

good benefits, vacation time off

Cons

Not a happy place to work. I had worked for LexisNexis for over 40 years and all i can say no communication. Certain Managers are still there because the lie and make it sound the department is making a difference and making money, so they laid high salary employees off so it looks as if they made their quotes.

be more honest and open with your teams. Be fair.

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional