There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Too little support for projects; too little support for work with clients

Current Employee - Senior Attorney in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Attorney in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

The work is very interesting; the people are good

Cons

The legal department went through a violent change when ChoicePoint was purchased by LexisNexis, resulting in the CP remaining leadership focused solely on their career. Leadership does not control information to use at their advantage and focuses on the needs of the team, not just their own career.

Advice to Management

Get some leaders

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's unreal that a company that serves so many attorneys as customers can treat its attorney employees so badly.

Current Employee - Legal Research Associate in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Legal Research Associate in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Good benefits and the customers can be great to work with. It's also a great place to become a legal research expert.

Cons

1) The schedule. I worked better hours when I waited tables in college. Working late nights and weekends isn't so bad once and awhile, but attorneys in Customer Support are expected to work shifts that end anywhere from 9pm until midnight every single night, including weekends. Many employees have been on these shifts for years, despite their requests to work earlier. Customer Service employees may have to work here for five or more years to get on a 9-6 schedule. It's like a bad joke. 2) The salary. Customer Service employees with JDs start at $37k and those who are licensed start at $39k. I don't expect to be making six figures, but we should make a lot more than $40k. Sales reps start with a lot higher base. I realize that they are largely responsible for bringing in customers, but we are largely responsible for keeping the customers there. We should be paid accordingly. 3) Working holidays, especially Christmas. Come on, do we really need to be open on Christmas? This isn't the emergency room at a hospital. 4) Constant surveillance. Every minute of every day at this job is spent under a microscope. Associate Attorneys working at law firms can be trusted to handle legal cases that have significant impact on people's lives. Attorneys at LexisNexis aren't even trusted to take a phone call. Our calls are recorded and reviewed with a fine-tooth comb, we're very limited on time for bathroom breaks, etc. 5) High stress work because company continues to cut corners in all of the wrong places and management expects employees to do the work of 3 people. 6) internal tools and technology are totally outdated. Considering this is a tech company, it's a little surprising that our internal technology is subpar.

Advice to Management

Give us Balance. Work life balance. Balance the work load. Balance the internal resources to pay us respectable salaries and give us efficient internal tools. Balanced and happy employees are more efficient than those who are over-worked, unhealthy and unbalanced.

Frustrating Place to work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Good benefits Good Training & Education programs Interesting work

Cons

Internal processes for getting work accomplished are constipated Lower pay than comparable jobs at other companies Lack of innovation Late to market with new product offerings

Advice to Management

Get down in the trenches - LexisNexis is very hard to do business with an even harder for employees to do business with Pay your workers a competitive salary