I wouldn't go back for double the salary

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Salary ok
Vacation time generous, but you'll probably need it
The pension is the real reason people stay.
Free coffee!

Cons

middle managers focus trying to grab credit for the work they had little or nothing to do with, this of course results in a very unpleasant environment.

Anything you are promised, that you don't get in writing, will not be honoured.

10% of the employees are truly great, work hard and share knowledge willingly, these however, will never advance, will likely get trodden on and leave.

If you don't give your manager a glowing report in the survey, you'll be out the door soon enough.

Stop trying to live off the reputation you had 10 years ago. Kick out the employees that contribute nothing to the value of the company, You have far too many departments and department heads.

Other Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

The company's strategy and approach is outdated

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Good work life balance and decent pay.

Cons

With current strategy and approach, the company will not be able to stay competitive

Consider younger, tech-savy leaders. Continue to pursue digital culture transformation.

Good place to work

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Lots of room for growth, and you'll work with a lot of knowledgeable people. Things have improved greatly over the last two years, when there was a churn in senior management. It's hard to know if the new guys are listening to us, but they aren't laying off all of our coworkers, which is a huge improvement. Benefits and pay are very good, plenty of vacation time.

Cons

Understaffed. Too many temporary contractors in an environment that is just too large to learn in a 6 month contract.
    Still have reorgs every year, makes us worry about longevity. Frozen salaries for the last couple of years (supposed to change this year).

Hire people. That's the single biggest problem we have right now. In the seven years I've been with the company, we've never had so much work and never been so shorthanded.

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!