LexisNexis Legal & Professional

www.lexisnexis.com
  www.lexisnexis.com
There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

More jobs going offshore so Senior Management can get their bonuses.

Current Employee - Consulting Software Engineer  in  Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Consulting Software Engineer in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Pay is good compared to other employers in area.

Cons

Constant churn of reorganizations and the constant pressure of layoffs. Every new management change brings with it a new org structure that is "needed" to align the business. We've been "aligned" so much at this point that I'm not sure any knows which way we're pointed.

Focus on getting the job done instead or constantly recasting the organization to be in the image of the latest senior management.

698 Other Employee Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional (View Most Recent)

Senior mgmt wants to transform the company, but the employees are shellshocked from too much outsourcing

Current Employee - Director  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Ability to work from home on occasion; flexible schedules, including vacations. Decent salaries given the geography, but have decided on no merit increase for 2009.

Cons

Constant management churn and flavor-of-the-month priorities; no long-term vision other than cost cutting and more outsourcing. They fail to recognize that the people who are left are shell-shocked from so many changes and need time to absorb it all. Below the senior mgmt level, most of the staff have been here a long time and can't deal with change as quickly as someone who's only been here a year.

Do what you can to re-energize the workforce. They are beat up and downtrodden, but still working. Recognize the importance of the folks way down in the organization

LexisNexis is simply not the home town company it used to be...

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

At this point, I am considering LexisNexis a job with good pay. The people (what is left of them) at LexisNexis are great and for the most part everyone is wonderful to work with. Lots of smart people which pass on a lot of great knowledge.

Cons

Morale is the lowest I have seen in 15 years. We go through layoffs every 6 months (which are not handled properly). Upper management makes critical decisions without engineering involvement. Top-notch employees are leaving to pursue other opportunities. Development is going overseas and/or being outsourced. Groups are being overloaded with day-to-day operations while trying to complete executive tasks. In other words, we are running so thin, it is amazing anything gets done with any level of competency.

Communication from upper management is absolutely atrocious. We are shown useless organizational charts and fluffed up with executive town hall meetings. Everything is a secret and nobody wants to give us any insight in to the future. Yes, we have received bits and pieces, but nothing definitive. At this point, we are wondering if LexisNexis will be around much longer if continuing down the current path.

It would be nice to see the stability of the company brought back, layoffs ceased, and some incentives to return morale. We simply cannot continue on this path and expect employees to hang on and give their fullest!

Communication! Where are we going, when are things going to change, and when can we see some of the "Grand Master Plan" implemented. Involve engineering and folks that are competent in key areas before making decisions which could and have impacted customers.

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!