Former VP

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interesting industry experiencing a great deal of change.
Investment in new infrastruction (while incredibliy overdue) should position it for success
Good worklife balance and benefits are really good
The people are great to work with and committed to the success of the company and its customers. Candidly, they are far more committed than the leadership team gives them credit for.

Cons

Has undergone a tremendous amount of continuous change, reorganization, and reductions. This leads to a lot of uncertainty and instability of the workforce. As a leader, you can generally count on the November surprise to cut headcount to meet a budget

Like many organizations, they have cut to the bone and are extraordinarily lean. Probably too lean and may not have the physical and intellectual capiblities to full execute on its strategy.

Has a history of being too short term focused. Which has led to the need to catch up with the competition and even the survival of some key products

Organizational changes are a way of life, but they would benefit by letting them mature or grow roots before you change them up again. New strategies, structures, and people often don't have the time to settle in and gain traction.

Other Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Strong reputation on the legal market

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

They have Good products and solutions, innovative thinking and technology driven thinking. They benefit from a huge market share.

Cons

Very agressive Pricing strategy that is badly seen by the clients Who think that lexisnexis is abusing of their leader position.

Don't forget customers interest while looking for shareholders financial return on investment

OK but room for improvement

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great team and local manager. Good benefits.

Cons

Upper management has no idea what we do or who are customers are. The upper level management has no idea what our customers want in our product, so there's a huge disconnect between expectations/goals and what is deliverable based on customer desires. They also expect huge results for little payout.

Please pay attention to what we're saying in the annual surveys. Nothing ever changes or gets better.

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!