There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional
There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

See Most Recent

Helpful (8)

Overpromise, under-deliver

  • Work/Life Balance
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Current Employee - Team Leader in New Providence, NJ
Current Employee - Team Leader in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than a year)

Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
No opinion of CEO
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
No opinion of CEO

Pros

The work itself is good Challenging pace Can learn a lot about new technology We're all in it together - we all swim or we all sink

Cons

Little care of people who work very hard Cheap Poor and neanderthal management Promotions are promised but not delivered No work from home Not very sophisticated No trust Not safe to say what you think Overburdened Antiquated systems

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  • Any Status
  1. Helpful (5)

    Good job for the unambitious who don't mind losing regularly to Westlaw

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dayton, OH

    I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 8 years)

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Approves of CEO
    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    Pros

    Great for the unambitious! A lot of mom's can stay at home and "get by" with minimal effort for many years with this job.

    Cons

    Lexis is proud to state they are a sales organization but forget to tell you how unethical the environment is while you are selling. They have an 800 number for their employees to use to rat on other employees for unethical behavior. Some employees have used it to blindside their fellow employees for personal gain with false accusations. It's a cesspool and their HR/Compliance folks revel in it. They have a revolving door of great talent who learn what it's like to work for a 2nd place company who never seems to get close to being number one, despite their competitor (Westlaw) doing everything possible to get rid of their customers. There is a saying among the sales folks, "at Lexis, it's 80% about the numbers and the other 20% you tell them what they want to hear." That will get you by for a long time.

    Advice to Management

    It's more than the numbers folks. If you truly want to finally beat Westlaw, find, keep and reward the talent that have proven they can do it.


  2. Helpful (4)

    Some parts were great.

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time

    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO

    Pros

    Good pay and benefits, decent co-workers for the most part.

    Cons

    Terrible management, and very little interest in employees' legitimate concerns. Refused to assist an employee with a harassment situation.


There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional
There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

See Most Recent

Work at LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Share Your Experiences

LexisNexis Legal & Professional

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.